Audi S3 meet - Santa Pod - Sunday 20 May

S3Rob

[ QUOTE ]

There's always next time Woppum, I reckon we should all do this again smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should do something like that again, but maybe more of a track day. Waiting all that time in the second quewe was a bit frustrating... Or there is V-Max? Might be better as there are less cars and no waiting for drag cars and bikes... ROLLEY~14.GIF

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

What's V-Max?

As an idea some guys off another forum I am a member on are hiring out Llandlow track in Wales. Think it costs about £1200, including marshalls and paramedic. That's just £60 each if you get 20 cars...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would be up for that. We would need it to be carefully marshalled though... and have good run offs sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we should do something like that again, but maybe more of a track day. Waiting all that time in the second quewe was a bit frustrating... Or there is V-Max? Might be better as there are less cars and no waiting for drag cars and bikes... ROLLEY~14.GIF

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep it was preety poor for letting the "normal cars" through, we just caught it at the wrong time as the drag racing teams are preparing for "the main event" which is at Santa Pod next weekend hence all the Swedish teams being there.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep it was preety poor for letting the "normal cars" through, we just caught it at the wrong time as the drag racing teams are preparing for "the main event" which is at Santa Pod next weekend hence all the Swedish teams being there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have liked to watch a few of the races but sadly after all the waiting there simply wasnt time. Rory got a few snaps on his phone but would have loved to see them rocket in the flesh...

Here's a clip of some of the faster cars there today. EEK2.GIF

Apparently there was a jet car which went down the strip at the end of the day. ECLIPSe.gif

Did anyone else get a bit sunburnt today? My forehead is feeling a bit warm now blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Wopps it could well be your induction flap as you mentioned, mine is in tomorrow to get mine sorted, there is a noticeable lack of power when it's not on and Sport is engaged.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really do think it could be due to noise. Is there any reason why I can just get it removed?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Wopps it could well be your induction flap as you mentioned, mine is in tomorrow to get mine sorted, there is a noticeable lack of power when it's not on and Sport is engaged.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really do think it could be due to noise. Is there any reason why I can just get it removed?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it needs to stay on, there is an actuator that measures throttle position to measure how much air to allow through, if you remove the flap then I suppose there's no way of regulating volume.

Best asking over on BM3W though Sam. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Yep, it looks like I'm wearing a t-shirt even with my top off!!!

I've got a brown/red neck and arms with a Xerox white torso, not a good look.... sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Great weather today and a good sun trap, certainly feel like I have caught the sun today. Being folically challenged doesn't help crazy.gif but my holiday tan has partially retuned 169144-ok.gif

About to upload some pics.

AZ