Audi Roadside Assistance Not

Monday morning returning from London to Swansea, M4 between J9 and J10 complete and sudden power loss.

11:20 Called Audi Roadside Assitance report situation, was told they would call me back with rescue time

11:50 Called back since they have not confirmed when they would come for us, lady on phone surprised that I have not have had confirmation yet. She confirmed we were going to be rescued within 45 mins

12:05 Received call from a contractor telling me they were going to come to me in not less than 90 minutes and that they would not take my car to South Wales (few calls later it was made clear that that could not happen that day, but the following)

12:10 Called Audi Roadside Assistance to complain about it, since I was with my wife by the side of the motorway with rain on and off. Was told first person taking the call should have dealt with getting us a replacement car, and that someone was going to come in 30 minutes.

To make a long story short, called every 20 minutes or so, been promissed different arrival times, and every time I called had to briefly explain situation, while operator was saying that should not be happening, bla, bla, bla. I felt very vulnerable, since I only wanted to get out of that situation, wife and I stressed and frustrated.

Roadside Assistance arrived at 14:50, exactly 3:30 after my first call. We left the scene at 15:20. Thnak god it we were on the M4 close to London, imagine if this had happened in the middle of Wales at night, they may have rescued us in 4 days!!!

Was driven to a car rental company, and finished our trip to Swansea. Car was taken to Swansea Audi (awaiting diagnosis) the folowing day (yesterday).

This morning, after all the frustration, decided to call Audi Customer Service to complain for the poor handling of the situation, was transfered to 5 different people, explaining what had happened every time, all in 24 minutes of call.... I felt they were taking the micky (again!!)...

Anyway, needed to get it of my chest... thank you for reading!!

By the way, I am starting to enjoy the Skoda Fabia I was given as a replacement car...

I had occassion to call them a few years back when I had a coil pack go on my S3 - I was told to expect them within 8-10 hours. The nearest patrol was in Glasgow - 220 miles away!

Needless to say I ignored their advice & drove the 40 miles to the nearest dealer & drove out again 20 mins later with 4 new coil packs!

[ QUOTE ]

By the way, I am starting to enjoy the Skoda Fabia I was given as a replacement car...

[/ QUOTE ]

Fabia's are actually not that bad! My wife has a Fabia and even though I've got an RS4 I actually quite enjoy being a passenger in her Fabia ... why? The ride's not bad, the engine sound is quite interesting (she's got a 1.2 12V 3-cylinder so it sounds "different"), the seats are comfortable and the HVAC works well. Just hasn't got any performance worth talking about - not compared to an RS4 anyway!

Audi Roadside Assistance was a joke. I would write them giving them "what for" too.

WOW, that's bloody awful service.

Considering you were sat on the hardshoulder they should have issued an 'emergency' call out for you, it's the most dangerous part of British roads and is not a pleasant place to be!

If anyone is in a similar situation then give your dealer a call, they're generally more interested in keeping your business and will usually make a call to Road Assist on your behalf 169144-ok.gif

Thats awfull mate. Not pleasant beeing treated like that NONO3.GIF

The same day i bought my car i needed Roadside asst. and they couldn't have been more helpfull....just goes to show how a service can be crap. I always think a lot of the time it's down to who you get on the end of the phone and how good and caring they are about their job confused.gif

• 2 months later...