Cosmetic mod....

RedRobin

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

....mikemod and wantmygti between them have got it right - Wing mirrors and nose piece under the red line all in carbonfibre by OSIR, courtesy of The TTshop in Bedford. Thanks to Justin for an excellent fitting job and friendly customer service.

The pic doesn't show the carbonfibre detail - It looks amazing in bright sunlight or when lit at night but, again, doesn't stand out so it slaps you in the face. I'm very surprised what a difference to the appearance just black wing mirrors make, really because everything else on the body is colour coded red.

[ QUOTE ]

looks good Robin - can you PM me details of the nose piece please 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

....I got one of the first batch in the UK and I think mine's the first to be fitted. I had to wait ages for it and the item isn't on OSIR's web site yet. There's a few on cars in America and I've even seen a carbonfibre full nose piece for the Mk5 R32 replacing the silver one. I'll see if I can hunt it out for you.

It's grey skies here and the car is dirty after over 800 miles this week - so no close-up and personal pics of all that black carbonfibre sexiness yet grin.gif

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Does it all just stick on top of the OEM bits?

[/ QUOTE ]

....No, for the wing mirrors - They are a total replacement case.

....Yes, for the nosepiece but you have to remove the whole front assembly (easy) and also drill the carbonfibre (hard!) to fix the numberplate mount. Very strong bonding used which needs 24 hrs to harden. Will someone not want to buy my GTI because of the carbonfibre nose? - Doubtful imo.

1143424-BumperOff.jpg

post-10081-137914398122_thumb.jpg

....Yep, you've missed the Abt rear valance to take the quad Milltek pipes and there's another cosmetic mod under the bonnet done this week but not complete yet.

Thinking of cars which are "the sex", DHA's lady's BMW Mini Cooper S is pretty amazing. In theory it should look chavvy but it really doesn't, just very very sporty and 'performance'.