New M3 - Manual or M DCT Drivelogic?

Merlot

[ QUOTE ]

If you are enjoying the 645ci then I would wait for the M-DCT M3, at least you will be getting into one that second hand users will want, and by the time you have that I bet the hype will be built up enough to have people dying for them, or if the reports are bad just don't bother.

The fact you are in a car you like is a nice position to be in, it is not like you have to get into a manual as your car is going and you need to buy something. You may even fiind you can be in a manual used for £45k when the M-DCT cars arrive.

[/ QUOTE ]

All sensible advice - thanks.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im in 2 minds as I have two minds. My primary mind thinks that as I live in town and sit in alot of traffic the DTC will be the more sensible option. Also so used to SMG and paddles and the advantages they bring. However, im reserving all judgement until ive driven the manual.

Does anyone else think there might be a risk of problems/reliability issues with getting one of the first M-DCT cars? DSG has had its fair share of issues and it's not been mated to a 400+ BHP V8 (Veyron excepted but that's a completely different box where cost was not a factor). Just a thought.

P.S. Nice fleet you have there Merlot. Good to see you've got the garages for them too 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else think there might be a risk of problems/reliability issues with getting one of the first M-DCT cars? DSG has had its fair share of issues and it's not been mated to a 400+ BHP V8 (Veyron excepted but that's a completely different box where cost was not a factor). Just a thought.

P.S. Nice fleet you have there Merlot. Good to see you've got the garages for them too 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, but I am still one garage short. Perhaps I should build a double garage and fill it? jump.gif