Drivers Door Dropped.

zerologic

[ QUOTE ]

That's not good at all. You must have a loose hinge or damaged hinge pin. What happens if you lift the door up? Can you feel movement at the hinges?

BUB shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There doesn't seem to be any movement when i lift the door other than from the whole car?

Here are some images on inside the hinge, maybe someone can spot something that looks out of place (other than all the muck smashfreakB.gif)

1198417-DSC00124.JPG

1198418-DSC00126.JPG

1198419-DSC00127.JPG

Cheers.

Sharp eyes Maersk 169144-ok.gif

IIRC, the bottom bolt should also be an enclosed hex bolt, rather than a standard one.

Zero - do you have any history of the car having to have the door removed for any reason? Possibly an undeclared repair job on the door?

Thanks for the replies guys...

I only noticed it a couple of weeks ago, not had a problem with it before. Although since the I have had the car (over a year) i did notice a small build up of water escaping when i opened the drivers door after heavy rain or wash.

Now you mention it that bolt does look different to the others. I have just been and checked and it is not the same as the other side.

The guy i bought it off said the car had no damage that he is aware of in the past or while he had the car. Was HPI clear and had a loads of History etc.

But it seems that a non-standard bolt has been added somewhere along the line. Well spotted 169144-ok.gif

So with this in mind is there anything I can try to sort this or do i need to take it in? The door closes if you push it hard and it locks ok. I'm just a bit worried about the longer term damage it might be doing to the lock as this is the bit that contacts first and lifts the door into (nearly) the correct position.

The angle of the hinge pin looks wrong to me and there is some rust build up at the lower interface. crazy.gif

I guess maybe the door has been off to sort a seized or semi seized hinge pin at some time. I recckon the pin may have fractured where the bottom of the door hinge fitting is so thst it is held by the body half of the hinge and the weight of the door is bending the top half of the bottom hinge allowing the door to drop.

znaika.gif

If you see what I mean.