What do you thinkl of this?

RichTT

im thinking of buying this.Viewing it in 2 days time.

Any thoughts?

Vendor states needs a service(its due,hasnt had time to do it-is this a case of not looking after the car),had it only few months now has a company car.

Bottom line- a good deal at 17k?

Also how do i check whether its had the engine recall work?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...p;rd=1&rd=1

Looking at the pics the alloys look shagged, the leather looks dried out and cracked and the whole car looks pretty tired.

Has it has the running in service done on time? That is the important one at 1250 miles, that is when the oil is drained and a different sort put in.

A bit tatty. If you don't have the money for a better one then fair enough. But if you do... go for this one.

It's very comparable to mine apart from slightly fewer miles and mine is SMG (which I know you don't get on with). Still under warranty, HK speaker upgrade. No Sat Nav is the only downfall. Tidy car though. Real world price I reckon is similar to what I paid (£21k) but he does stress "low reserve". £20k maybe? Definitely worth £2k more than the other one, even without sat nav. 169144-ok.gif

I agree its a bit tired looking-but cheap.The leather,wheels & paintwork can be brought back up to,Im more worried about the mechanicals.

I actually have 25k for a convertible but its the only one I have seen with satnav,manual and not silver,black or phoenix yellow-didnt think it would be so difficult to find one but it has been.

I like the other one but it must have sat nav-otherwise I owuld have gone for it.

[ QUOTE ]

Sat nav adds £1500 to the price, it can be fitted for less than that.

Can't remember the company that does it now, I will have a think.

He doesn't mention the service history at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference between a car with and without Sat nav is greater than that Guy. As a new option it was £2,200-£2,400 and retains almost all of that for the E46 M3 on the used market. Also 19's are essential and the running in service being done within 500 miles (and no more) of 1,200.

If you buy the parts from ebay you can do it all for around £900.

Screen £3-400

Nav MKIV computer £3-400

Tuner/brain BM54 2005 preferable £2-300 (the bm54 from 2005 adds re routing for tmc, earlier ones still have tmc but won't automatically re-route you round jams)

Then from BMW you need...

wiring retrofit harness £130

new ashtray to relocate the aircon controls lower £25

If you have a cd changer in the boot you have the cage already to hold the nav computer and the tuner, if not you will need to buy the cage, not sure on price, and you will need a new trim to hide it all behind as the standard one is not deep enough, think that was £40.

I posted on bm3w.co.uk on the install in a thread titled "retrofit nav, pice of pis......"

Takes around 5 hours to do and is easy, just time consuming.

Not a chance, I really have to build myself up to fitting my own, doing someone else's car would never happen. Also, if I knackered a bit of trim on my car I would be annoyed but say 'oh well' would a customer be so understanding if I said "I'll order another and pop back for me to fit it"

I doubt it! smile.gif