Yet another new A8 owner....

Wiganer

Just thought I would say a quick hello.

Just finished repairing a 1996 8 4.2 quattro I acquired, with a few suspension pars, courtesy of IT-S8... beerchug.gif

(Had met a curb Ronin style...) Seems to be a fairly basic spec, but nice enough. Oh and thanks again IT-S8!

[ QUOTE ]

Oh and thanks again IT-S8!

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries... really glad you've got it up and running, it did look sad and lonely slumped in the corner... !

Its been a really great experience breaking this car, met loads of true enthusiasts (none more so than lostkiwi who took a few hours out to help me drop the front subframe!), and its not been too bad on the wallet either... I'm currently stocking up on more A8's to break, and once I've got premises sorted, I'm hoping to become the first point of call for anyone wanting any D2 parts... I'll keep you all posted, and I'm sure we can work a TSN discount into the equation too 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

...(none more so than lostkiwi who took a few hours out to help me drop the front subframe!)... I'm currently stocking up on more A8's to break, and once I've got premises sorted, I'm hoping to become the first point of call for anyone wanting any D2 parts... I'll keep you all posted, and I'm sure we can work a TSN discount into the equation too 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Youi're welcome Ian... It was kinda fun figuring it all out!

Mind you if you're going to do this on a regular basis an engine hoist would be an excellent idea!!!

Nice to hear you're looking at doing this regularly... Be good to be able to find stuff on demand. Might even tempt a few 'mods' too.... beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Mind you if you're going to do this on a regular basis an engine hoist would be an excellent idea!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Engine hoist is quite high my shopping list, along with the two post lift laugh.gif

I hired one from HSS Hire when I sold the engine, as there was no other way to physically lift it into the van!! - Only £20 for the day, bit of bargain really....

Guest crackdown

[ QUOTE ]

Other end of town to orrel unfortunateley, but if you see a burgundy a8 it may be me....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll keep my eyes open for you. I'm A-in-M.

[ QUOTE ]

Engine hoist is quite high my shopping list, along with the two post lift

[/ QUOTE ]

My engine Hoist was a great purchase, i have used it many times on my cars + friends, worth every penny.

A 2 post lift would be nice, but the room you need in a garage makes it not "that" practical to have one, unless you have a "custom" built garage around one. On the other hand, one of these is maybe on the cards at the moment

lift2.jpg

And you can even sink it into the floor to 169144-ok.gif

lift1.jpg

Then cover it up to SMOKE6.GIF

lift4.jpg

Cool hey 169144-ok.gif

Are those wheels fitted to it now 16" ??

I have a full set of factory 17" wheels(4 no tyres) they are like the monoblock ones. The spare has never been used (new tyre). they are not the most "exciting" wheels around, but if you get them polished they can look like this. Some people like this type..

bling1.jpg

bling2.jpg

Yep, they are 16" with balloon tyres! Ian has some 18" sport wheels which are looking favourite at the moment.

Brought it home tonight, nice 10 mile drive with some road variations, and all seems fine, apart from the noises behind the dash which drove me up the wall.... I didn't think the early ons suffered from clicking hvac motors, but mine has one continually clicking from somewhere behind the heater controls along with an EE ORR ing from somewhere in the top of the dash. The most pleasant surprise was the average fuel consumption showing 22.7, beats my 928 wich bareley manages 12.