M6 thoughts...

John_Doe

Had a 55plater last yr!! Almost the perfect car for my needs. Phenomenal performance, pick up from 110 is comically fast, sounds like a mini F1 car. Huge boot. Rear seats only for small kids. TMC function great! Downsides - be prepared to be on first name terms with the petrol attendant at Tescos!! £90 to fill, 220miles to a tank!! Gets depressing after a while. When they hit £45k I'll get one again....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

A friend of my brother had one before he got his 599. He said it is the most underestimated car he has ever driven and held it in the highest regard.

[/ QUOTE ]

169144-ok.gif Wopps....

[/ QUOTE ]

He did say make sure it has the Corsas and not the continentals some of the car were supplied with. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Black with full Silverstone leather and piano trim.

That is the way forwards 169144-ok.gif

But, why would you get one over an M5? Can't see why you'd bother to pay more, it's not as if it's got looks to die for grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No extra performance, but huge extra price, no brainer.

John check with the guys on RS246, some have had the 6 for a short expensive fuel swallowing time, I drove one for a week, F*ck me pile of dung.gif, 12 MPG cruise mode, handled the bends like a barge, awfull back road drive, pray for NO rain or you'll stack it.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Black with full Silverstone leather and piano trim.

That is the way forwards 169144-ok.gif

But, why would you get one over an M5? Can't see why you'd bother to pay more, it's not as if it's got looks to die for grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No extra performance, but huge extra price, no brainer.

John check with the guys on RS246, some have had the 6 for a short expensive fuel swallowing time, I drove one for a week, F*ck me pile of dung.gif, 12 MPG cruise mode, handled the bends like a barge, awfull back road drive, pray for NO rain or you'll stack it.

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how it handled so badly.....is it not based on the 5-series platform? The M5 is certainly no barge. cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I drove one for a week, F*ck me pile of dung.gif, 12 MPG cruise mode, handled the bends like a barge, awfull back road drive, pray for NO rain or you'll stack it.

beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but that is the biggest load of bollocks I have read in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not having driven one, but having chased a 650 on B roads, I'm suprised that someone could say it handled badly - the 6 looked suprisingly good for such a heavy car. 169144-ok.gif

The BMW M6 weighs 1,710 kg - exactly the same as an Audi RS4 Avant.

It's bonnet, doors and many other parts are composite weight saving materials. I've had one for more than half a day, and I'm astonished to read AudiJohn's comments. It is extremely agile (much more so than an M5 which I've driven too), and feels a completely different animal to an M5.

It made my 645 (and subsequently the same goes for a 650) feel positively slouch-like. It's handling is in a totally different league to the 630/645/650.

Grip was incredible. As for 'stacking it' in the rain, well I'm sorry but that's just laughable.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know how it handled so badly.....is it not based on the 5-series platform? The M5 is certainly no barge. cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the 6 isn't based on the 5-series platform. It is totally seperate design platform, albeit actually derived from a 7-series (BMW designed the original 6 as a 7-series Coupe).

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Grip was incredible. As for 'stacking it' in the rain, well I'm sorry but that's just laughable.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what those bloody Quattro drivers are like though Chris, give them RWD car and they have no idea how to drive it properly! grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

...but even if you dont - its a quick learning curve! yelrotflmao.gif

Sorry same engine and drive train as the M5, so same performance (similar then)It may have been damp from memory but damp or not could not give an old git like me confedence to push it on the twisties.

Thirst was "Large" as you will find out.

I like the looks but have no shares in SHELL.

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry same engine and drive train as the M5, so same performance (similar then)It may have been damp from memory but damp or not could not give an old git like me confedence to push it on the twisties.

Thirst was "Large" as you will find out.

I like the looks but have no shares in SHELL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try driving with Cups in the wet! I have never apreciated the weather nearly as much!! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

...but even if you dont - its a quick learning curve! yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And expensive tongue.gif

Not tempted to go and try an M6 then, Wopps? Not really the same sort of car though, is it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well what I said above about the guy with the 599 - well he suggested the M6 for me. To big and heavy for my liking though. Straight line ability is not nearly as fun as being able to attack a corner at whatever speed and be stuck to it like on rails. grin.gif