What Bulbs . . . . .

Phil1978

Hi everyone, newbie so be gentle . . . .

I have looked at all the posts, but cant get a definite answer . . .

I have a new Cabriolet coming in September and from what I gather the daytime running lights are pretty poor (colour wise). I was just wondering what bulbs you have found to be a good replacement??? My cabriolet has the Xenons with DRL.

I have heard the Extreme whites mentioned, are they Phillips or PIAA??

Also what bulbs for the sidelights and fogs???

And what type of bulbs are they, 382 etc.

Thanks in advance.

[ QUOTE ]

You could also try LED replacements - try www.ultraleds.co.uk - I used to run these in my Golf R32 and the colour is much closer to the Xenon headlights.

[/ QUOTE ]

LED bulbs will almost certainly cause the bulb failure warning to appear because they don't draw enough current, so you would probably need to add extra resistors in parallel to get rid of the warning.

I'd go for "near Xenon" colour bulbs.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You could also try LED replacements - try www.ultraleds.co.uk - I used to run these in my Golf R32 and the colour is much closer to the Xenon headlights.

[/ QUOTE ]

LED bulbs will almost certainly cause the bulb failure warning to appear because they don't draw enough current, so you would probably need to add extra resistors in parallel to get rid of the warning.

I'd go for "near Xenon" colour bulbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Used to be a problem with the UltraLED products, but they've now got resistors built into them to overcome this problem.