B**tards

steffiraf

[ QUOTE ]

Paul was taken to theatre at 6am this morning and is still there. They cant release the pressure on his brain with drugs, its just not working, so they are having to take some of his skull away to relieve it. He's very critical and its still touch and go, but they're doing all they can, so there's hope.

The police have charged the man responsible - http://www.lep.co.uk/news?articleid=3071757

[/ QUOTE ]

Steffi, sincere thoughts for him to make a full recovery - he is in the hands of those that can give him the best possible chance to do this and I'm sure he is a determined individual. 169144-ok.gif

Keep us posted.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe that's why I'm very suspecious regarding the girl causing the event- I record Bouncers and I've watched Outlaw 2.5 times shocked.gif.

Steff, as Lottie say's "he is in the best hands".

I wish Paul and the family every hope for a strong recovery. I know 2 people with plates due to head work- proof that it can work and a full recovery to full health can be achieved 169144-ok.gif.

Take care

Latest update is that he's come back from surgery, so that's something at least.

They have removed part of his skull to release the pressure, however...whilst they were operating, they found that some of his brain cells were completely dead, so they removed them.

This is going to have an effect on him, should he recover. They cant say at the moment in what way, but they're saying it could affect his personality(meaning behaviour likely to be the opposite of what he usually is/was(?) ie if he was easy going(he was), he could become moody and agressive) or he will have memory loss. To what extent, we wont know until he comes round. He is still in a coma, and on life support, and still very much on the critical list.

Steph x

Paul has taken a turn for the worse today. The pressure on his brain has built up again due to an infection in the brain and he has pneumonia on his lungs, which has caused them to fill with fluid. They cant take him for a CT scan to see whats going on in his head until the fluid is off his lungs, so we're back to square one, if not worse.

Sorry for the short post, but i cant think of anything else to say

Be strong and try to keep with the optimism.

I hope Pauls infections improve quickly and the hospital team can make some positive progress.

I take it the guy responsible is still in custody and now on remand- With luck the same place that (from the news article you posted) that Paul worked at laugh.gif169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Latest is that Paul isn't going to survive. sorry cant seee to type anymore

[/ QUOTE ]

Steffi I am so so sorry. There isn't anything I can say but to offer you and your family a big hug and say you are in my thoughts. Words won't change it but we do care about you and Paul and his family. Take care.

Not sure what to say to be honest. We are here to help and listen as much as you need us.

Life isn't meant to be like this, two tragedies in almost as many days on TSN, not good.

My thoughts are with you steffiraf and the rest of his friends and family.

I'm so sorry that the outcome has now become another tragic waste of a life.

With the severity of the injuries and the damaged caused to Paul try and take solice that he now feels no pain, and that he can now rest in peace.

I hope you and all Paul's family can take some comfort in the knowledge that his assailant has been arrested and that the full strength of the law will be used to avenge this tragic outcome.

There seems to be some misunderstanding. He's not dead yet but its unlikely he will survive. He has developed an infection on his brain and has got pnuemonia in his lungs. What they're saying is that if one doesnt get him the other one will. They say that the only thing that will save him, is to remove more of his brain, but that will make him 'a cabbage' for the rest of his life. He's rallied a tiny bit today, some of the pressure has dropped, but from what i can gather, this situation wont last. I think the time will come in the next few days, if he survives that long, for Pauline to make the decision about switching off the machines. It sounds awful, but i hope Paul makes the decision for her frown.gif