PS3 now £329.99

mikemod

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If you compare them, then its £279 + xbox live sub (£32), so about £312 - not much in it, and the PS3 as a hardware unit has more going for it, especially if you want a BluRay player too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry can I just add a far more reliable machine as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

SLEEP5.GIF

I smell an X360 re-launch coming, with a built in HD-DVD drive and harddisk, and the updated cooling components. That might royally screw up any plans from Sony, an X360 with those features and reliability and the Media Centre connectivity would essentially out do the PS3 at everything.

The only problem is it would have to come in at the current market price of £279.99, which might not be possible when all the extra kit is bundled in!

[ QUOTE ]

I smell an X360 re-launch coming, with a built in HD-DVD drive and harddisk, and the updated cooling components. That might royally screw up any plans from Sony, an X360 with those features and reliability and the Media Centre connectivity would essentially out do the PS3 at everything.

The only problem is it would have to come in at the current market price of £279.99, which might not be possible when all the extra kit is bundled in!

[/ QUOTE ]

At the risk of being told this is the wrong thread, chucking extra kit at it wouldn't knock Sony of it's plans or derail it. There's more to it than shoving a HD in. The Cell processor will come into it's own soon enough.

MS have fecked up big time with rushing hardware and this is what happens. Reliability has taken a beating. Sure, all electonics companies face this at some point, but this could do more damage than people are seeing right now. Thankfully, MS is a cash rich company and can throw money at it to correct it.