R8 prices - falling

Merlot

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Gareth - my mate has an Ibis White R8 that he is going to sell, if you are interested please drop me a PM.

2008, 700 miles, sat nav, magnetic ride, bluetooth, carbon side blades etc. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he get a good price, did Gareth buy it?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/ttforumbbs/vie...sc&start=10

2nd post down. Not checked it out but not suprising in the current market.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's talking BS...no way on god's earth an R8 is £8k off list.

Total rubbish Flush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree, I'd have bought one if they were 8k below list. Nowhere near it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that one is so I presume you have already bought it?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Total rubbish Flush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you checked it first Gareth before you got on your high horse?

PS That price is retail and not trade so that guy has dropped £13k and yes I know the mileage is high but it wouldn't affect the value of a 911 that much.

Relax guys.... make love not war grin.gif

I personally think that they are holding up well but its like somebody else said.. only a matter of time before they drop........ its still a "it" car due to the low volume output.....

I still think they are over-priced for what is at the end of the day a Audi smirk.gif

997 GT3 for that money..... no contest..... maybe even a 996 model

Riz ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Total rubbish Flush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you checked it first Gareth before you got on your high horse?

PS That price is retail and not trade so that guy has dropped £13k and yes I know the mileage is high but it wouldn't affect the value of a 911 that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

No high horse chap...just wanting to keep a sense of perspective/fact for the market.

Put simply that car with 19k miles has got 3 years worth of "use" on it and that will have a huge affect on the value, both trade and retail.

In fact Porsche 911 is one of the most mileage sensitive cars on the market and the vast majority are still 2nd/3rd/4th cars and as a result the average annual mileage is 6k or so. There anything that new with effectively 3 years worth of mileage will be very much hit by that.

Also it is missing two (for resale) essential options, namely Mag ride and B&O sound system.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Gareth - my mate has an Ibis White R8 that he is going to sell, if you are interested please drop me a PM.

2008, 700 miles, sat nav, magnetic ride, bluetooth, carbon side blades etc. 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did he get a good price, did Gareth buy it?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not me 169144-ok.gif

But IIRC he did sell for about £2k over list.

Gareth, I'm just pointing out that you can buy an R8 for £8k under list. Perhaps you should have caveated your original comment or even looked at the link before posting. I agree that this car is clearly 'special' but your generic comment was plain wrong.

So an R8 with 18K miles has 3 yrs worth of use??? Bizarre.

6K miles/year = 100 hours of driving at 60mph. So are we saying that most users dont actually ever sit in their cars? If so, why is B&O essential - they are in the car so little they've got no chance to listen to any music. Also why mag ride - again - they're not exactly making big journeys.

If the average R8 user is only in their car for 100-200 hours a year, seems like its completely pointless that the car handles properly.

Still think its completely overpriced - and to be honest,they're not that special in the flesh either. Still think AMV8 everytime... (sod the handling - its about feelin good!)

[ QUOTE ]

Gareth, I'm just pointing out that you can buy an R8 for £8k under list. Perhaps you should have caveated your original comment or even looked at the link before posting. I agree that this car is clearly 'special' but your generic comment was plain wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Andrew,

Yes you can buy a R8 for £8k under list. So in that respect you are right and maybe I should have caveated my response earlier on. However one clearly needs to consider the specifics of the car in question and divorce that from the claims it is indicative of the market.

I personally don't see the point of posts-with a lot form your good self you have to admit-talking down the values of certain cars. When you do that your own generic comments don't sit comfortably with the real market out there.

That is unless you are so keen to talk down the value of the R8 so you swoop in and "nick" one 169144-ok.gif (joke, leg pulling ahoy!!! grin.gif)

[ QUOTE ]

So an R8 with 18K miles has 3 yrs worth of use??? Bizarre.

6K miles/year = 100 hours of driving at 60mph. So are we saying that most users dont actually ever sit in their cars? If so, why is B&O essential - they are in the car so little they've got no chance to listen to any music. Also why mag ride - again - they're not exactly making big journeys.

If the average R8 user is only in their car for 100-200 hours a year, seems like its completely pointless that the car handles properly.

Still think its completely overpriced - and to be honest,they're not that special in the flesh either. Still think AMV8 everytime... (sod the handling - its about feelin good!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Chav,

As I mentioned before the vast majority of cars in this end of the market are not the one car owned by the person in question. They usually have at least one other car that is used as the everyday one so that use of the R8 (911/F430/Gallardo/AM V8 etc) is that bit more special.

You only have to look at cars for sale of that type to see that most fall into that bracket.

From a resale point of view (both trade and retail) the two options mentioned are seen as highly desirable and any car without them will a) need to be cheap to reflect the missing spec that buyers demand and b) will take longer to sell as a result.

The R8 in my experience (have driven 4 now-road and track) handles supremely without Mag ride, but having it takes it in to another league. Driven back to back most people would have the car with mag ride 169144-ok.gif

I totally agree with you about the AM V8. Sometimes it is not about the numbers and the most obvious cars....just one that makes every trip something special and an event 169144-ok.gif

I drove the N400 AM V8 last week and was just in heart.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Andrew,

Yes you can buy a R8 for £8k under list. So in that respect you are right and maybe I should have caveated my response earlier on. However one clearly needs to consider the specifics of the car in question and divorce that from the claims it is indicative of the market.

I personally don't see the point of posts-with a lot form your good self you have to admit-talking down the values of certain cars. When you do that your own generic comments don't sit comfortably with the real market out there.

That is unless you are so keen to talk down the value of the R8 so you swoop in and "nick" one 169144-ok.gif (joke, leg pulling ahoy!!! grin.gif)

[/ QUOTE ]

Its okay, I don't fancy one. I've got Magnetic Ride on my TT Roadster and it is deeply impressive. When I cancelled my R8 I was up to £85/86k for a simple spec manual car which I just think is wrong for an Audi. One of things that bugged me was that Audi - like on the RS4 - would not let you have memory seats on the R8. 169144-ok.gif

I was very impressed with the R8 on track. I didnt drive it but as you can see in my pics played against one. 911's in all forms par the Gt3 and turbo are all fairly easy to pass on track but the R8 id give me a bit of bother. It wasnt as fast, but I would never have expected it to be. It braked, accelerated and handled very very well and was easilly doing faster laps than the 996tt on the same day. I think it looks great too. For someone that wants a car that does everything very well, I could see the closest competition to be the 997tt which is more expensive and faster. Its however not as good looking and probably not as fun to drive. Id probably have the R8 over it! Personally I wouldnt buy either as they just arnt hardcore enough. Most people dont want that. For most the R8 looks like a fantastic package at £80k all the ay to £100k.

[ QUOTE ]

Personally I wouldnt buy either as they just arnt hardcore enough. Most people dont want that. For most the R8 looks like a fantastic package at £80k all the ay to £100k.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! For a car that's as well equipped as it is, it does seem to put in a very impressive track performance.

• 1 month later...