RS3: Have you ordered one? Have you received a build date?

ashleywater

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's impressive give the level of tune. I'm sure the bills will compensate as you say!

Scoobies have much better service intervals than the old Evos, which were every 3-4k, depending on who you speak to. Oil change every 5k miles is recommended for anything going on track though +++

With so few out there I expect they will do to a reasonable degree, but VERY dependent on mileage and condition. As you say, £50k was too much to ask really, even for a practical hatchback that would blow an RS3 into the weeds... :P

I beg to differ on that garcon, it was tested against an RS500 and RS3, and while it was slighly quicker,which it should be at £10K more, there was not a lot in it, particularly considering it is a special "Tuner" prepared car, which does ride, with all the plushness and quality of a "steam roller" apparently.

Any ideas of a dealer who actually has one Garcon?

Mate of mine is looking to change his Evo 330, and he has mentioned the Cossie as a possible alternative, any info appreciated Ta

I've not seen a single review where the RS3 and the Cosworth Impreza have been mentioned together, let alone tested against each other, but that's hardly surprising given that the Impreza was out over a year before the RS3 was confirmed, let alone driven by anyone?

This one: post-7621-137914472165_thumb.jpg

I've not seen a single review where the RS3 and the Cosworth Impreza have been mentioned together, let alone tested against each other, but that's hardly surprising given that the Impreza was out over a year before the RS3 was confirmed, let alone driven by anyone?

Litchfield Type C Impreza, churning out 400 Bhp, agreed not a Cossie, but has pretty much identical performance specification as one,Mountune RS same spec as RS500, 350 Bhp, the obvious reason that they did not use a Cossie & RS500 was the availability and cost, but the results would not have been any different for all intents and purposes.

I can't agree re the difference between the Type C and the Cosworth. Very different cars - drive train et al.

IIRC EVO were disappointed with the RS3 as well.

However, pitching two modified cars to a factory car isn't the best comparison.

I can't agree re the difference between the Type C and the Cosworth. Very different cars - drive train et al.

IIRC EVO were disappointed with the RS3 as well.

However, pitching two modified cars to a factory car isn't the best comparison.

I'll bow to your superior knowledge on the subject Mook,

I just took the view that the Litchfield Type C is usually considered the "benchmark" for superior tuning package for Scoobies, and power output was pretty much the same as the Cossie version, I stand corrected if that is not a fair comparison to make.

The two tuner modified cars to factory production car was a strange one.

As I said, I've not seen a review of the Cossie and the RS3 where both cars are compared to each other.

The reason they've used the tuners cars, is because the standard Scooby dealer cars probably wouldn't have had enough performance to sufficiently challenge the RS3, as no one is denying - it's a fast car, and they would have been too cheap to fairly compare too.

A UK WRX STI will out-pace an RS3 - much more aggressive torque delivery. You don't need a Cosworth Impreza.

Really! Blimey, didn't realise they were that quick.

I'll have to get down my nearest dealer and have a play in something, the newest Impreza i've driven was the last saloon just before they changed to the hatch.

Does anyone remember when the last RS 4 and 6 came out. The 2000 and 2002 models, I was so excited about them and it was a real treat when I saw or heard one. Strangely, I wouldn't bother looking out the window if someone told me an RS 3 or even a TT RS were parked on my street. The latest is Audi are bringing out a Q5 RS. The RS Audi brand has just lost it's 'coolness' for me, which is sad. I still love the older models though.

On Mook's point, I certainly don't believe there would be any great difference in on road performance between a 2011 WRX STI and an RS3. I would imagine the RS3 would eke out a lead in a 1/4 mile sprint. It wouldn't surprise me if the torque delivery and tighter handling of the Subaru would give it a small advantage on track (the 2011 car has suspension tweaks very similar to the 2009/10 Spec C).

On SINGH's point, yes I believe Audi have devalued the RS badge, but BMW devalued their M badge first by creating the X5 and X6 M.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand VAG's apparent policy in somehow trying to make their products more exclusive by actively preventing buyers from receiving the cars they've bought in a timely manner.

Couple that with the 90% likelihood that when a new car is finally delivered it won't be the ordered specification and you begin to wonder how they actually manage to sell any new cars at all.

This is insane ,

Got Build Week 19 next year for my Ibiswhite with alu pack Ordered in early March 2011.

:ffs::ffs::ffs::ffs::ffs:

What buildweeks have you others got?

I`d cancel...it`s an Audi A3...not a Buggatti Veyron....I think build wk19 is in May....add another few weeks for delivery and pdi...So it will be the end of May/June 2012 before you collect your car...Umm so that`s roughly 15/16months after placing your order.....It would`t surprise me if the new A3 is launched before you take delivery.

Edited by Mr Man

This is insane ,

Got Build Week 19 next year for my Ibiswhite with alu pack Ordered in early March 2011.

:ffs::ffs::ffs::ffs::ffs:

What buildweeks have you others got?

I ordered my rs3 through east Kent Audi, part of the inchcape group. Apparently their group demonstrator arrived in the uk last week which is good news for me as I am eagerly anticipating a test drive. As far as the dealer knew, this car was not sold - not sure what the spec is but may be worth giving them a call?

• 3 weeks later...

My local dealer has a 'demonstrator' but you can't drive it, it was sold before it arrived, but is sitting unused in their compound still with all the vinyl protection film stuff, and foam wheel covers on.

Apparently they have to pretend it's being used as a demo for a certain period of time before they can sell it, so they just tell anyone who phones up asking for a drive that it's fully booked up.