RS3: Have you ordered one? Have you received a build date?

ashleywater

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blue one looks quite nice. I think I said that out loud too.

Yes it does, and I might have considered the sepang blue, but the car doesnt have the matt ali styling pack an absolute "Must" and also no Recaros.

Apparently Sepang is an absolute mother to keep clean as well, not that I ever wash my cars, so dont quite know the relevance of that comment??

post-7621-137914482857_thumb.jpg

Moschops Sprint Blue RS3, absolutely dope IMO, looks pretty special and illustrates the impact matt ali styling pack can have, with the right colour

post-7621-137914482845_thumb.jpg

post-7621-137914482849_thumb.jpg

post-7621-137914482853_thumb.jpg

Ashley, no need to say any of that, I'd not sell it to anyone I knew, not even online. It's s*** with a capital S.:roflmao:

Whoever buys it, off whatever dealership ends up getting it, needs their head examining.:roflmao:

I just don't get this? Was it purely the ride quality that made it so awful?? Combo of run-flats and firm suspension? Not doubting your right but one of the critisms when the car was launched was that maybe it had gone a bit soft! Too much of a GT car. Doesn't make sense.

I just don't get this? Was it purely the ride quality that made it so awful?? Combo of run-flats and firm suspension? Not doubting your right but one of the critisms when the car was launched was that maybe it had gone a bit soft! Too much of a GT car. Doesn't make sense.

Purely the ride quality on anything but good roads. On a good road, no problem. On a poor road, it's the crashing of the suspension and the sheer thunderous noise and spine cracking sensations it sends through the cabin. If the car hits a pothole or a drain cover of any shape or size (really, even the most inocuous), you wouldn't believe it, it feels like the wheel(s) that hit it have fallen off the car.

Bear in mind I've made a point of driving 23i's with 18's and with non-run flats on too. For me, they're still a totally flawed car in this respect. It's nothing like a GT car, and I think having come from a 645 I'd know what one of those should feel like (that's not a dig at you, more at the people who say they're anything like a GT car).

I say the same to everyone, I've had 2 x M3's remember, MX-5, etc etc over the years - nothing even gets close to the appalling crashing of the Z4 on anything but a good road surface.

There's a road I drive down quite regularly and it's poor. But, never before have I actively had to swerve and dodge the drain covers and potholes - but I do in the Z, and if I don't...there are two places in which the glovebox will fly open!

p.s. don't forget I openly acknowledge I made a mistake buying this car. Do I expect too much from it? I don't think so. There appear to be plenty of people happy with them (but not all, there are others than agree with me) so maybe it's just my anti-car. Whatever it is, it's my mistake for buying it.

Edited by MrMe

The blue one looks quite nice. I think I said that out loud too.
sepang blue with the black optics looks amazing in the flesh, one of the top colour combos imo

and lmao at parts bins cars, im sorry but this phrase just shows total ignorance, all car manufactures rehash parts, engines and platforms, hell many manufactures share platforms and engines with each other and they nearly all outsource injection systems, ecus, esp etc

and even if you ignore the fact that only the TTRS and RS3 have that engine atm what really matters is the sum of the parts

i do feel sorry for people who are so gullible that they fall for marketing and must have the latest and greatest thing, still apple wouldn't exist without these types of people i guess

i do feel sorry for people who are so gullible that they fall for marketing and must have the latest and greatest thing, still apple wouldn't exist without these types of people i guess

That's, umm, bollocks.:roflmao:

I buy Apple because I need reliability, performance and speed - and they deliver on every count. My iPad is a generation one, my Macbook Pro is at least one 'version' back (two I think). I do have a 4S, but that's because in my view it's the best smartphone on the market - not because I 'must have' the latest thing.

I think it's a shame you said what you did too because I felt you had a point in respect of parts and platform. Some of the best cars in the world have stayed with the same platforms for a very long time, largely because it's rather pointless changing if you've hit a winning formula. Personally I've said from the outset of this discussion that it's what makes an buyer happy that counts when it comes to car choice. What anyone else thinks is irrelevant.

Isn't there also a certain irony in saying people are gullible in respect of marketing and must have the latest and greatest thing - when we're talking about the latest Audi RS model when you could have a more powerful and, some might say, much better but older RS model for the money? I'm not saying I think that's what people should do, just demonstrating there is a certain element of irony in your statement?

That's, umm, bollocks.:roflmao:

I buy Apple because I need reliability, performance and speed - and they deliver on every count. My iPad is a generation one, my Macbook Pro is at least one 'version' back (two I think). I do have a 4S, but that's because in my view it's the best smartphone on the market - not because I 'must have' the latest thing.

I think it's a shame you said what you did too because I felt you had a point in respect of parts and platform. Some of the best cars in the world have stayed with the same platforms for a very long time, largely because it's rather pointless changing if you've hit a winning formula. Personally I've said from the outset of this discussion that it's what makes an buyer happy that counts when it comes to car choice. What anyone else thinks is irrelevant.

Isn't there also a certain irony in saying people are gullible in respect of marketing and must have the latest and greatest thing - when we're talking about the latest Audi RS model when you could have a more powerful and, some might say, much better but older RS model for the money? I'm not saying I think that's what people should do, just demonstrating there is a certain element of irony in your statement?

of course not all apple users upgrade to every new version, but as a group a larger percentage of them do, mostly down to maketing, you just have to look at them all fapping away in the auditorium on apples release video's ;)

the point was raised by another owner about the car being old tech and obsolete by the new platform which is of course nonsense

the new v old car is always going to be a valid argument, a V8 RS4 would be nice but I will not own a main car that's not duel clutch as I spend 900 hours a year in my car and most of it in traffic. I also want full dealer warranty and support, which came in very handy when my engine imploded with just 5000k miles on the clock ... I have a lot of problems trusting second hand cars and certainly wouldn't buy one thats had any paintwork done on it. Ironically my RS3 was the first second hand car I have bought in 15 years (dealer demo 2k on clock) and that went very well for me :(

I would love to have an RS2 if i ever get a stable :)

Edited by Eric Pisch

of course not all apple users upgrade to every new version, but as a group a larger percentage of them do, mostly down to maketing, you just have to look at them all fapping away in the auditorium on apples release video's ;)

As cringeworthy as that is to watch, you have to remember it's a minority. I don't question Apple benefit from a degree of the 'keeping up with the Joneses" syndrome and yes I've met people who seem to have bought them for no reason other than image, but it does sometimes mask the fact they make quite superb devices most of the time. It's not all marketing.

the point was raised by another owner about the car being old tech and obsolete by the new platform which is of course nonsense

the new v old car is always going to be a valid argument, a V8 RS4 would be nice but I will not own a main car that's not duel clutch as I spend 900 hours a year in my car and most of it in traffic. I also want full dealer warranty and support, which came in very handy when my engine imploded with just 5000k miles on the clock ... I have a lot of problems trusting second hand cars and certainly wouldn't buy one thats had any paintwork done on it. Ironically my RS3 was the first second hand car I have bought in 15 years (dealer demo 2k on clock) and that went very well for me :(

I would love to have an RS2 if i ever get a stable :)

I understand the attraction of a new car warranty, absolutely. I have no issue with the age of car platforms myself so we're not in dispute on that. +++

The irony is of course, that if ever there was an automotive equivalent of Apple, then Audi would undoubtedly be it.

There is an element of truth in that Apple theory, certainly with earlier iPhones that didn't have the tech specs to match rivals, personally I was more than happy with my 3G, and didn't feel the need to upgrade it to a 3Gs or a 4g, I only upgraded to the 4s because the 3G was starting to show its age.

My opinion (and remember that's all it is, I'm not saying I'm right and your wrong, it's just my opinion) is that the RS3 is the equivalent of the original iPhone, a one trick pony (a very good trick mind) of being really very fast away from the lights, but flawed in every other area, and being purchased by people who have been dreaming of an RS3 for years, and are overlooking those flaws because, well, it's an RS3 and everyone said they wouldn't make one.

Once we are into the next generation RS3, and it's a more current model rather than being 'old' tech (for want of a better description) then I think it would make far more sense. (to me at least)

i put 3k miles on my original RS3 and i certainly do not consider it a one trick pony, i have owned a lot of fast 4wd cars, scoobies, an evo VI, RS4, S4 etc and the RS3s turn in, cornering and braking puts every single one of them to shame

sure its far from perfect, it has many things that could be tweaked (like loosing 600kgs for a start :P), and it defiantly is not for everyone, but a one trick pony, its a devastatingly quick all weather practical road car thats as happy in london traffic as it is pulling my head of with lateral G

??? If that's aimed at me that's not what I said. Yes, it's old tech. I would not pay premium money for old technology. I did not say it was obsolete however. Just because there's a new platform out it doesn't instantly mean the old one is crap, it just means it's the old one, nothing more. When I looked at the 1M for example one of the things that was very close to the surface was that the 1M was based on an end of life platform, and I wondered what was coming with the new.

Look now - M135 auto offers the same performance at some 10k less than the outgoing 1M, and is better equipped. That would have boiled my piss if I'd have just dropped 40k on a 1M.

Anyone who buys Car X is invested in it financially and emotionally, and it's difficult to maintain objectivity at a guess. It sounds like it's ticking the boxes for you, which is awesome as it's your car, but for me, it's not the car I envisaged when the rumours of an RS3 first circulated...What, 5-6 years ago? Actually, longer - I remember putting a paper deposit (I.e. no money down) back at Leigh Valley Audi in 2003 when I bought my mundane as hell A4 Cab!

that if ever there was an automotive equivalent of Apple, then Audi would undoubtedly be it.

That's an interesting take. I suppose for some consumer products it has some validity - form over function some would argue. Their computing products though I don't think that's fair. They're incredibly functional devices technically (so great product), and yet some people buy because of 'form'. Or are you saying Audi's are great products too?

Do you mean more from a marketing perspective they're similar? I guess that has more validity as they do appear to have very similar marketing strategies, albeit I think Apple's is far simpler.

To explain a bit more what I mean Tipex, so as to avoid being viewed as argumentative for the hell of it, consider this over-simplified view of marketing:

ad+expert.jpg

To me Audi has fallen back from achieving desirable Brand, and they're at the public relations/advertising phase again. Remember the ads they used to come out with? A personal favourite being the BMW dig:

They had the brand, and I think they've gone out the other way now. The above advert for example would work better today with the Audi being the villain, not the BMW?

Sorry, I couldn't see what you were quoting so didn't realise it was me.

I see Audi in a similar way as Apple, not the latest most amazing tech, but they work, and are seen as aspirational brands, by people who may (by some) be seen as materialistic or pretentious, I don't necessarily think that's true though.

Does'nt look to bad at all J :-)

Talking of jags, the only one I have ever owned, was a V12 "runner" I took in Lieu of some money I was owed, oh lordy, what a mistake that was.

Broke down 2 miles after picking it up, where I was amazed to find the Single distributor cap, size of a galv dustbin, had an almighty crack through it, with the HT earthing all over the shop, man what apiece of sh1te that car was, have to say though, the V12 lump was bloody awesome on the rare occassion it was actually running,funnily enough, havnt ventured inside a jag dealership since