[Audi A1] A1 185 S-line

Dave

Had my Q7 in for a service this week and somehow managed to by an A1 for the wife.

Looks great in Daytona grey. Will write more and pictures when on drive.

Its one of her 40th bday presses so if you could just not mention it on my Facebook until the end of April it would be appreciated! Cheers

Edited by Dave

You guys know me too well :)It had only been delivered to the dealer the day before. They were going to register it as a demo. The only thing I would have specked extra is sat nav, but to be honest we aren't going to do monster miles in it!Its just badged TFSI on the back so nothing to give it away as too sporty! Got to say looking forward to trying it out.Singh.. Yes, good times! Great trip. See under your profile thatwane S8 was stolen? Nightmare, when did that happen?

You guys know me too well :)It had only been delivered to the dealer the day before. They were going to register it as a demo. The only thing I would have specked extra is sat nav, but to be honest we aren't going to do monster miles in it!Its just badged TFSI on the back so nothing to give it away as too sporty! Got to say looking forward to trying it out.Singh.. Yes, good times! Great trip. See under your profile thatwane S8 was stolen? Nightmare, when did that happen?

IF the A1 is built like the Q3 then the nav can be done at the dealer at about the same price as the factory price.

Thanks guys, sure she'll love it (when I'm not blatting around :D)

Paul, that was great trip. Loved the vmax!! the 185 is good for 140mph apparently.. shame we didn't get to try those babies out!!. What did we get out of the 120's? I seem to remember 130 odd?

Your joking, my mum has a Polo, 2 door one, and I test drove the A1 in another thread, they aren't even close, Polo is much much bigger, they may be based on the same platform, but they aren't the same size, the Polo is a small car, the A1 is a 'supemini'.

My sister has a polo and whilst the 4 doors gives you an impression of size it's not a lot bigger.

Yes, the two door A1 is engineered to give the driver and passenger the idea of room so that rear is compressed, but if you look at dimensions it's not a big difference .