RS3 - Saloon!

cruiser647

12 hours ago, M8CKN said:

Looking forward to getting my M3 next week...

I say M3, I mean 3 series with many M parts on it...

I say many M parts, it's a 2l diesel with a M badge on the wings :)

A 120d with the 'blue blue red' M badges drove past me the other day?  Looked nice in Estoril, but I assume the owner has stuck the M badges on?  And its only the 135 that is badged M135?  The M was tight but close to the '1' of '120d'

Edited by Ian_C

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately the perfect getaway car.  Silver, stock 18s, already side debaged.   :(

Stolen in Manchester, hidden for over a month, and then used for a job in Liverpool.  Was wearing plates nicked from another silver S4

Epic fail attempt to torch it - looks like they sloshed petrol over it with the passenger window open (quite likely smashed during initial theft to clone the key) and it failed to catch light.

2e115546a569280315239c7cd37195ef.jpg
ae3a94cd208456ec4fab577fb858a26a.jpg
0bd305554def13398e0a93762986c694.jpg
6ee9808f8382bc9e747d15360edbf56b.jpg

Edited by Ian_C

• 1 year later...

*shock horror*  :o

The Golf R is coming up to 35k miles soon, the R has been fantastic and a great mile-muncher.

However I am considering an Audi RS3 Saloon for my next car due to the lovely engine and various other options.

Not in a big rush so considering the change later this year depending on discounts etc.

Anybody know if decent discounts are obtainable? At present I think 5.9% discount is the best I have found vs 14.8% discount on a new MK7.5 Golf R.

Cheers,

Riz.

• Like 1

35k Riz, almost ready for the knackers yard !

RS3 Saloon is a great looking car, in fact I think it's a really well proportioned car.  Never going to match the Golf-R discounts, they are always quite crazy, higher than GTi oddly too.

I'm sure you could get 10%+ though if you tried.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

35k Riz, almost ready for the knackers yard !

RS3 Saloon is a great looking car, in fact I think it's a really well proportioned car.  Never going to match the Golf-R discounts, they are always quite crazy, higher than GTi oddly too.

I'm sure you could get 10%+ though if you tried.

I did consider another Golf R but fancy a change albeit to another VAG based car. (predictably).

I have tried both drivethedeal and carwow  - 5.9% was the best I could get, any pointers where I could get 10%+ from? It's going to be a extremely high specification if I go a head.

Edited by Riz

Just now, Riz said:

I did consider another Golf R but fancy a change albeit to another VAG based car. (predictably).

I have tried both drivethedeal and carwow  - 5.9% was the best I could get, any pointers where I could get 10%+ from? It's going to be a extremely high specification if I go a head.

High spec will help.  

I'd just get in contact with three dealerships (make sure they are from different groups) and start the ball rolling. I'd also leave it till end of quarter too, there's always pressure to get a few more units through end of March, June, September & December

• Like 1

Well hello :)

10% off an RS3? Absolutely no chance. 

I've been negotiating for over a month and I've had my 4th and final offer from them. It was to take a car they have bought in so it's standing outside costing them money at a time no one is enquiring about them so they are keen to shift it. Their final offer was meant to be on the proviso I took it this month on a 67 plate, rather than 1st March on an 18.

Suffice to say, it wasn't 10% I was offered. And if I wanted a factory order, they've already said they couldn't match the deal I've just been offered because they know and I know they need to shift the car they have in. There's no incentive to be as competitive on a factory order. 

And they offered me a very generous p/ex on the S5. Which is still for sale if anyone is interested :roflmao:

IMG_4089.JPG

Edited by Milo
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Milo said:

I've been negotiating for over a month and I've had my 4th and final offer from them. It was to take a car they have bought in so it's standing outside costing them money at a time no one is enquiring about them so they are keen to shift it. Their final offer was meant to be on the proviso I took it this month on a 67 plate, rather than 1st March on an 18.

Suffice to say, it wasn't 10% I was offered. And if I wanted a factory order, they've already said they couldn't match the deal I've just been offered because they know and I know they need to shift the car they have in. There's no incentive to be as competitive on a factory order. 

And they offered me a very generous p/ex on the S5. Which is still for sale if anyone is interested :roflmao:

IMG_4089.JPG

I thought as much, may have to settle for 6% off.

Not arranged a test drive yet but had a good poke around one today including starting it.

What a noise, you can actually feel the idle through the steering wheel.

Going to give it more thought.

1 hour ago, shao_khan said:

I asked at Audi UK and my mate said they are penalising dealers who offer large discounts on RS models by removing build slots from them.  You'll get discounts on those that Audi say, but the RS3 isnt one of them.

Massive discounts on the outgoing 3 series though :)

I guess it depends on large Audi UK feel is too much. I am still giving it thought at the moment. :)

thanks for all your input folks......

Oh well if you want input I test drove one and brought the M2 instead.  The RS3 was really fast, sounds fantastic and at the same time kind of dull, i just didnt love it.  The M2 on the other hand is fantastic every day (granted Ive only covered 2k miles in 5 months) but I love to get in and drive it, for me it had something that I ant quite put my finger on, but the RS3 just didnt have it. 

They are both pretty epic for different reasons, I can see the attraction for both. If it was the only car I had it would probably be the RS3, if it was a second car the M2 for me. 

But hey either can destroy a good country road they are the perfect size even M3/4 or RS4 are pretty big these days. +++ 

• Like 1

On 14/02/2018 at 4:29 PM, Milo said:

IMG_4089.JPG

The S5 is a nice looking car.

Edited by Riz

I agree both the M2 and RS3 are epic cars but me being a VAG nut and wanting 5 doors rules out the M2.

I’m still looking at the numbers and considering it carefully. My current Golf R is great and I have to ask myself if the move to the RS3 is worth it.