Discuss.............

cruiser647

To show or not Show girls

Is a bit - back to the 70s esque!

But then in the Davis Cup, the players have lovely 'Adecco' girls standing behind them as the players are seated.  Where will it stop?

Are their show blokes at shows 'aimed' toward ladies?  Like make-up shows, or shoes and handbag shows?

Edited by cruiser647

It is crass sexism and so horrendously backward and yesteryear that it is embarassing.

It is 2016.  No excuses are acceptable. 

Do I like seeing them?  Of course I do.

Does that make it right?  Of course not.

People need to wake up and stop being so bloody neanderthal.

• Like 2

I completely agree NNMM. 

I was at the Simply Porsche event at Beaulieu Motor Museumm earlier in the summer and one of the trade stands had a couple of woman in skin suits and high heels handing out leaflets. It later transpired that they were taking photos of the models stood next to some of the nicer (*) Porsches and they subsequently published the pictures on their company Twitter feed as marketing.

I was particularly pissed off as one of the pictures was of my car with the model posed next to it. It's something I didn't know about and would have never agreed too if asked. It's especially galling as we'd turned up as a family i.e. me, the Mrs and two children aged under 10. We parked near their trade stand and had a picnic so they must have noticed us.g

The company in question recently posted a feature on a new employee who they they'd nicknamed Anders because he looked like Anders Breivik the terroist and mass murderer of 77 people. Hilarious :( 

Neanderthal, sexist and highly offensive. What impression does it give of the company? What are they thinking?

* of course I would say that :roflmao:

Sex sells and many car manufacturers create very sexy cars. 

Just asked my other half and she says oh god people don't want to stop that as well do they, 'get a grip' was her response. She works in a very mans world so that isn't completely indicative of others opinions but there are far worse things going on to stop than something like this personally. 

Flirting will be band soon at this rate!

I find sexism in the media has double standards depending on which sex it is .

The 2 examples that come to mind are the Premier inn advert ( I think it is) where a group of middle aged women are flirting with a young barman, whispering about him and its all nudge nudge wink wink

I also read apparently Katie Price made a comment on the X Factor to 17 year old twin boys, asking if they fancied a 3some .

Now imagine an advert where a group of middle aged men are staying at a hotel and being suggestive to a young barmaid. Its never get aired .

Also where a male TV presenter nearly 40 years old asks twin teenage girls for a sexual encounter whilst live on air. Uproar .

Yet it seems men are fair game when on the receiving end cause apparently we'rd all up for it at any time from any woman. 

Edited by M8CKN
  • Like 3

The motorbike shows are full of lycra clad PR girls. There's still short skirts but more seem to be in all-in-one skin suits. It's hardly any different to them just being body painted.

There's a long way to go before the disappear when they're currently flaunted so obviously. They're effective too - they turn heads (it's a majority male target audience) and the advertising on their lycra gets seen/stared at.

On 05/10/2016 at 7:24 AM, M8CKN said:

I find sexism in the media has double standards depending on which sex it is .

The 2 examples that come to mind are the Premier inn advert ( I think it is) where a group of middle aged women are flirting with a young barman, whispering about him and its all nudge nudge wink wink

I also read apparently Katie Price made a comment on the X Factor to 17 year old twin boys, asking if they fancied a 3some .

Now imagine an advert where a group of middle aged men are staying at a hotel and being suggestive to a young barmaid. Its never get aired .

Also where a male TV presenter nearly 40 years old asks twin teenage girls for a sexual encounter whilst live on air. Uproar .

Yet it seems men are fair game when on the receiving end cause apparently we'rd all up for it at any time from any woman. 

Yup - This. 

It's why I'm amazed that "Loose Women" is still on TV - imagine the gender opposite programme. Andy Gray would be back on TV. 

• Like 1

Just because it happens to men too doesn't make it right.

Jesus, this forum is back in the stone age at times.

Those who think it isn't an issue should look up the facts - 60:1 ratio of females used in a sexually exploitative advertising role or promotion form when compared to men.  That is the harsh reality of it.

Oh and those of you that have daughters - revisit this thread when they're older.  You'll all have changed your minds, I'd wager...

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd prompt a revisit to this thread.

its not just car shows - medical supplier displays also have their share of alluringly clad women. At one in London a few weeks  ago I was listening to a talk about hospital cyber security and was amused to see one particular assistant whose job seemed to be to flit from stall to stall wherever business appeared slow (and it worked) wearing a tight red dress.

what reminded me of that and this thread was a very recent invite to a demo by a telecom company which involved demo of their equipment from a head office remotely.

the main demonstrator was a very attractive buxom young lady in a tight red dress....shouldn't really complain especially when she demonstrated how great the cameras were despite strong backlighting (I'm sure you can guess the effects of this) but it just seemed.....inappropriate 

That reminds me of a time many, many years ago when I an IT Manager was being given a demo of a Panasonic telephone system.

There was a woman as part of the demo team, wearing a bright blue dress that had one of the lowest cut fronts you could imagine and was definitely more nightclub than business-wear.

She kept leaning forward and giggling with positive responses to anything the IT Manager said.

It all got too much for him and he chirped up with "Look, your giggles and top are wasted on me love, your boss <the bloke> is much more my type." :roflmao:

Yup, he was gay.

• Like 1

Been watching Strictly Come Dancing (by default) the last couple of weeks.

When some of the blokes have been dancing the 2 presenters (Tess & Claudia?) and 3 of the presenters (the woman and the 2 gay blokes) seem quite happy to discuss the male dancers as sex objects.

I said to the Mrs.....imagine if it was the other way round with 2 gay women and 3 straight blokes getting hot under the collar about the young female ar5e gyrations on Saturday night prime tv?

.....And to be fair - that should be happening as some of those girl dancers have got the most stunning peachey ar5es and incredibly pert, firm t1ts.

.....but we don't need anyone to comment on it.....as all blokes know that all other blokes watching are thinking the same thing ......and wondering how well they gyrate their hips when getting jiggy.

Edited by Soulboy
  • Like 1

On 23/10/2016 at 9:20 AM, NewNiceMrMe said:

That reminds me of a time many, many years ago when I an IT Manager was being given a demo of a Panasonic telephone system.

She kept leaning forward and giggling with positive responses to anything the IT Manager said.

"Look, your giggles and top are wasted on me love, your boss <the bloke> is much more my type." :roflmao:

Yup, was gay.

NNMM in coming out of the closet shocker :roflmao:

• Like 1

The guys and gals in adverts etc aren't exactly being exploited though. They go into things with their eyes wide open and make the most of what they have. 

Not everybody can make a decent living from the grey matter between their ears so they use the attributes they have in the beauty department. 

I know the old argument will crop up regarding 'what if it was your daughter ' and I fully get that point. 

15 hours ago, billy2shots said:

I know the old argument will crop up regarding 'what if it was your daughter ' and I fully get that point. 

I'd tell her to make the money whilst she can.  (and buy me an A8 in the process)

However, as an aside - some ladies wear basically sweet FA on a Friday/Saturday night out anyway!  :roflmao: