Thinking of an A4 next year.

Smiddy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't like the noise it made, but I could never complain about 2.0TDI economy....

600+ miles from a tank seemed a complete doddle. After doing 60 miles, the needle hadn't moved and the miles remaining had gone up!

The one I was given only had a few miles on the clock too, so it would probably improve even more!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

still your 40 MPG combined is a god send compared to my below 20!! really thrash it sometimes and get below 15 sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised more V8 owners don't consider an LPG conversion...

very little power loss nowadays apparently?

[/ QUOTE ]

heard about LPG conversions. Dont know anything about them. Dont they need extra space under the bonnet? the V8 kind of fills it tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

sorry, not a gaping hole, but another filler cap like your current one, only much smaller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info, think i'll keep it how it is, said to myself i would probably only keep it for a year when i bought it. Too expensive to run!

[ QUOTE ]

hmm, i do 100 miles a day tongue.giftongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm having to do lots of meetings, its 4-5K miles a month for me. I've been trying to limit that somewhat recently though.

Still have another 400 miles or so tomorrow....

Just getting rather bored of all my CD's now, and there's 'naff all decent new releases to download.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

still your 40 MPG combined is a god send compared to my below 20!! really thrash it sometimes and get below 15 sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised more V8 owners don't consider an LPG conversion...

very little power loss nowadays apparently?

[/ QUOTE ]

LPG??? - BLASPHEMER!! FIREdevil.gif

That like me saying steel wheels to you or UBM! openfire.gif

• 7 months later...

[ QUOTE ]

The 2.0TDI is great. Like above, don't bother with the 1,9TDI - unless its a 130BHP B6. The fuel economy I'm getting on mine is bout 42-43mpg, but thats spanking it every trip!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was out the other day and saw a 06 A4 Avant and it looked very nice. Then I noticed the boot had 1.9TDI on it. Why bother with a 1.9 when a 2.0 is available? confused.gif