Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

run it until the new M3 comes out.

That or a nearly new 997 GT3 wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.. a new m3 or a used Gt3 confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No comparison..GT3 everytime 169144-ok.gif Plus there will still be a huge gulf in the price of the two, even a year-15 months from now.

[ QUOTE ]

Im also tempted to scrub the M3 keep the CSL a bit longer and get a good example of the 997 GT3. However if a new CSL comes out, it could well be faster than the GT3 and subtler too.

Decisions, decisions... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. The 997GT3 will kill an E92 CSL IMHO...especially with a decent wheel man driving.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Im also tempted to scrub the M3 keep the CSL a bit longer and get a good example of the 997 GT3. However if a new CSL comes out, it could well be faster than the GT3 and subtler too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. The 997GT3 will kill an E92 CSL IMHO...especially with a decent wheel man driving.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too early to say I suppose. My heart probably wants a GT3, my head and my heart want the CSL. Id prefer to have a BMW than a Porka for work anyway. It will all depend on what BMW do with the CSL package though..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that based on then?

[ QUOTE ]

LOL Gareth you are amusing at times!

I'm told the current CSL is a good match for the 996 GT3 Mk2 at speeds up to 120mph-ish then the gearing of the GT3 takes it on faster. Are we comparing race-car like qualities or all-round package?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask the 8-Ball 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that based on then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gut feel, having driven the GT3 (997) and the likely spec/output of the E92 CSL.

Happy to proven wrong in time but (naturally) as yet it's all good speculation coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

LOL Gareth you are amusing at times!

I'm told the current CSL is a good match for the 996 GT3 Mk2 at speeds up to 120mph-ish then the gearing of the GT3 takes it on faster. Are we comparing race-car like qualities or all-round package?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I try...

Comparing a few things Simon. First off I was making reference to the 997 GT3 and the future E92 CSL-sure it's speculation but what's a forum without that smirk.gif

As for the 996 GT3 mk II vs CSL comparison I been lucky to own and drive both cars (road and track) and to be honest there is not much to put between them. Any "real" world difference would be more likely down to the driver/rad/track/conditions.

• 3 weeks later...