Woppum

New M3 Farily Uncovered!!!

71 posts in this topic

[ QUOTE ]

I like this bonnet paint job too! grin.gif

attachment.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

That is one mean front end cool.gif

surely that bumper is 'too' savage? Otherwise I'm actually warming to the looks. Just not sure about the line down the side of the body..

Are you thinking about going down the new M3 route Chris?

[ QUOTE ]

Are you thinking about going down the new M3 route Chris?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the pope catholic? tongue.gif

I'm planning to ditch the '6 in the spring, get a mint CSL and run it until the new M3 comes out.

That or a nearly new 997 GT3 wink.gif

They say it is going to be at Geneva now, well they said in concept form, but there have been so many spotted I bet it launches there.

Fancy meeting up for a pint at the show Chris??

[ QUOTE ]

run it until the new M3 comes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.. a new m3 or a used Gt3 confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

run it until the new M3 comes out.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly.. a new m3 or a used Gt3 confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No comparison..GT3 everytime 169144-ok.gif Plus there will still be a huge gulf in the price of the two, even a year-15 months from now.

Im also tempted to scrub the M3 keep the CSL a bit longer and get a good example of the 997 GT3. However if a new CSL comes out, it could well be faster than the GT3 and subtler too.

Decisions, decisions... grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

No comparison..GT3 everytime 169144-ok.gif Plus there will still be a huge gulf in the price of the two, even a year-15 months from now.

[/ QUOTE ]

If i was in the market for a GT3 it would be 996

is the new M3 going to be that much different to the current CSL apart from the engine? IE is it going to be worth swapping just for a newer car? I'm genuinely asking as I don't know much about the new M3.

It will be faster im sure, however I doubt it will be as much fun as the CSL. I imagnine it being far softer and no way near as good on a track. But I have no idea 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Im also tempted to scrub the M3 keep the CSL a bit longer and get a good example of the 997 GT3. However if a new CSL comes out, it could well be faster than the GT3 and subtler too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. The 997GT3 will kill an E92 CSL IMHO...especially with a decent wheel man driving.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree. The 997GT3 will kill an E92 CSL IMHO...especially with a decent wheel man driving.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too early to say I suppose. My heart probably wants a GT3, my head and my heart want the CSL. Id prefer to have a BMW than a Porka for work anyway. It will all depend on what BMW do with the CSL package though..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that based on then?

The magic 8 ball. I tried it too but it said the CSL would be faster. Maybe I have a dodgy one? confused.gif

8ballbestpic.JPG

LOL Gareth you are amusing at times!

I'm told the current CSL is a good match for the 996 GT3 Mk2 at speeds up to 120mph-ish then the gearing of the GT3 takes it on faster. Are we comparing race-car like qualities or all-round package?

[ QUOTE ]

I'm told the current CSL is a good match for the 996 GT3 Mk2 at speeds up to 120mph-ish then the gearing of the GT3 takes it on faster. Are we comparing race-car like qualities or all-round package?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask the 8-Ball 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's that based on then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Gut feel, having driven the GT3 (997) and the likely spec/output of the E92 CSL.

Happy to proven wrong in time but (naturally) as yet it's all good speculation coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I try...

Comparing a few things Simon. First off I was making reference to the 997 GT3 and the future E92 CSL-sure it's speculation but what's a forum without that smirk.gif

As for the 996 GT3 mk II vs CSL comparison I been lucky to own and drive both cars (road and track) and to be honest there is not much to put between them. Any "real" world difference would be more likely down to the driver/rad/track/conditions.