First Cabriolet test car spotted

J_C

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Cupra, are you seriously thinking of getting an A5 cab, assuming they do come out?, if so what spec would you go for based on the current A5 engine line up?

I am very tempted, but probably not until early 2009, hopefully the S5 cab will be out by then FIREdevil.gifsekret.gif

Yeah, mine will be 2 1/2 years old by next summer and I'm not shelling out over a grand to keep the warranty for another year. I'll be really loathed to change it though as I've become very attached to the old girl which is bizarre for me as my cars usually last about 9 months before I get bored with them.

Engine wise I'd love another 3.2 but pricing and emissions seem to be against me (not that its a company vehicle). If it comes below the 225g limit for band F then maybe but I also get the feeling I'll need to spend £40k to get the spec I want and am planning on moving house after Xmas so I have a hunch I may not be able to do both... I dont understand why they haven't released the 2.0T in the A5 as that would do me fine to be honest. Are you thinking S5 Cab then? EEK2.GIF

To be honest I am only thinking about it at the moment, I moved house last year, I get married next year and I am thinking of possibly changing mine in early 2009 before the warranty runs out.

I have been really pleased with my 3.2, visually apart from the exhausts it looks identical to an S4 cab anyway so I could go down the 3.2 route again. It is a really nice engine but I am just about to start a new job with double the car allowance I am on now so an S5 would be tempting especially as I am only doing around 12k miles a year now. Compared to nearly 30k in my old 2.4 cab.

Plenty of time yet to make a decision and like you I am really enjoying my current cab cool.gif, but I love planning ahead grin.gif

It is a real problem now for warranties, the S4/S5/RS warranty is now just under £1600 a year for cars with under 60k miles and £2600 for cars with over 60k miles.

That means it costs an extra £133 a month for sub 60k mile cars or £217 a month extra for cars with over 60k on the clock.

And I think that is one of the reasons you can get a 3 year old S4 etc. so cheaply now, when it was £600 it was acceptable, but to add £217 a month to an 04 car is silly, you may as well just buy an early 07 car and keep it for 2 years, works out around the same each month and you get all the benefits of having a newer car too.

Same with BMW M cars too, now £1050 for an M car with sub 60k miles and £1800 for cars which have gone over that mark.

Just had an email from the sales manager at my local dealer to say that he attended an internal launch event for the new A5 cabriolet back in May this year !. In his words he said it looked stunning cool.gif

This means that it will definitely be launched for next year, however he couldn't confirm a launch date for the S5 cabriolet.