MKV owners, pics of your aftermarket wheels please

RFredR32

Now that the festive season is over i am starting to plan a few mods for my R which is due to arrive in April. Although not to keen on the now standard Omanyt wheels they will stay on the car for a while.

Would like to see how some different wheels look on the MKV so please showcase your wheels or your suggestions 169144-ok.gif

Saw these RS4 replicas on a car advertised on pistonheads i quite like them but would like to see some alternatives, please advise grin.gif

1275448-TSN.jpg

post-16851-137914410675_thumb.jpg

Not yet, I'm still driving the worlds most unreliable Alfa Romeo Spider.

Apparently the R will be ready on Wednesday, which just so happens to be my birthday so it'll be a double celebration!

The only after market wheels I've seen in person on a Mk V was a set of Oz Superleggera's and I didn't like them at all. I think I might have a picture somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Yeh i have seen the OZ wheels i think they are on HGP turbo cars. What do you think of RS4s?

Fingers crossed for Wednesday i must say a good birthday present.

According to Clarkson you are not a true petrolhead till you have owned a Alfa......... Seriously why would you apart from your local dealer and staff would become your best mates

I put a set of 19" Lambo Gallardo's on mine but decided last month that they werent quite right, so i originally thought of powder coating them a graphite or steel grey but in the end got rid of them and ive now purchased a set of 19" BBS CH's and although ive seen them on a few R32's i still think they look one of the best wheels out there and not just on Golfs. I still havent managed to get a clear day and get some pics taken of my R32 since all the mods etc but i will do soon and hopefully before i sell it, which could be fairly soon!!!

Yes i have a set of BBS CHs on my car at the moment which i also had on my R32, i agree great wheel but i find them a bit of a fecker to clean however when clean look awesome. grin.gif

Are you still planning to sell your car has your remap etc. not made a difference for you. It will be a great buy for someone.

Would still love to see some pics 169144-ok.gif

beerchug.gif

Yeh but we cant have two black R32s running around the roads of Belfast with CHs can we grin.gif

Yes keep me posted on Revo remap as i think this is a strong possibility for me in April as APS etc dont seem to be making the difference on the car.

Will have to get a spin in it some time 169144-ok.gif

Sorry off the subject but can you PM me the number to your install guys for your stereo in Portadown. Are you still doing a bit of Valeting as i might have a bit of business for you.

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Are those 19" TP27 and what width 8 / 8.5 any rubbing issues etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, 19" and the CH026 for the MkV R32 is an 8J alloy. No problems at all with rubbing. Mine had Toyo Proxes T1R rubber, an excellent combination. 169144-ok.gif

For what its worth - i had 19" Lambo Gallardo reps on my MK5 R32 and had no issues with rubbing UNTIL i had the car lowered on H&R springs and then i noticed the arches were being fouled quite often - when i put the standard wheels back on the problem disappeared - so be careful if you are considering lowering the car on 19's.

[ QUOTE ]

I have 19" BBS CH's on mine with coilovers, I don't have it that low, about 25mm front and 20mm back and I get no rubbing but I do have the damping set to 3/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

The car looks fantastic with that set up 169144-ok.gif