Audi UK Complaint - Who to write to?

UBM

So, car is 2 days out of warranty and I have a quote for £155 + VAT to fix a broken hinge on the glovebox. Dealer won't pay a penny.

Quite frankly had enough.

Please can someone post the name and address of the head of Audi UK - They are about to lose another customer....

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd speak to Audi UK direct. Keep calm but push for what you want, mention loyalty to brand and don't expect this from a premium manufacturer. If you don't succeed at first speak to supervisor / manager.

Just had a complaint resolved by Audi UK after almost loosing it with the first representative. But in the end I have got my clutch replaced free of charge which would have cost me £1,200. Okay the car is in warranty but it has done almost 50K miles

Neil - I'd love to but I want a repsonse from Audi UK on this. Two days out of warranty and a hefty bill to repair what is the output of a problem which has been building for months.

Could someone PM me the contact details if not wanting to post?

No offence UBM but you'd get a better response from my R32 signature than you would from Jeremy Hicks. He's surrounded by 'Yes' men and women who will never let you speak to him.

I will PM you Audi Customer Care's contact number tomorrow as you'll speak to the people you really need to speak to rather than going around in circles.

[ QUOTE ]

No offence UBM but you'd get a better response from my R32 signature than you would from Jeremy Hicks. He's surrounded by 'Yes' men and women who will never let you speak to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we managed to get Jon's white RS4 built for him, with a personal phonecall from Mr Hicks to apologise for the problem. OK, so it wasn't a glovebox hinge, but as long as you get a "Yes" from someone, who cares if it's a "Yes man" that gives it to you?

Oooooh! Where's that handbags smiley? yelrotflmao.gif

There's no secret (surely even amongst Audiphiles) that the average standard of customer service you can expect to receive from most of the Japanese dealerships (Lexus, Subaru, Toyota, Honda, Mazda) far outshines what you can expect from some of the so called premium marques (Audi and Mercedes to name but two).

The plain fact of the matter is that the vast majority of Audi buyers must be perfectly happy with the shocking service they get from their dealers ... otherwise it wouldn't keep happening. Even Audi UK would somehow muster some kind of positive reaction if it were inundated with complaints.

Quite smashfreakB.gif I had to go as far as to start court proceedings with my RS4 to get them to even acknowledge they had a problem with the '4.

Nissan lent me a new Skyline when my seat belt unit in the rear seat broke and they couldn't get a spare. They even offered to bastardise a press car but if I remember rightly the units were slightly different confused.gif Can't really remember the detail now was yonks ago.

Just a litte difference of experience there grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Quite smashfreakB.gif I had to go as far as to start court proceedings with my RS4 to get them to even acknowledge they had a problem with the '4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had to carry court proceedings regarding my S8 through almost to the bitter end, and it was only the prospect of adverse publicity via Autocar that finally stirred them into action. As a result, my first dealer experience with my first Audi has resulted in that Audi being the last I will ever have.

In contrast, each Subaru dealer I have dealt with for service has been excellent, to the extent that I was travelling 200 miles just to continue to use the one with which I had built up a good relationship. They always went out of their way to help, and this was on a car that made them virtually no money.

I'm amazed any of you guys get that far with Audi.

I can't even buy one of the damn things! Every time I try, it's "we'll get hold of a demonstrator and call you as soon as it's in", then silence until long after I've bought a BMW...

Recent experiences with Audi dealers:

1. Failure to detect ongoing rattle/problem with glove box - they can't hear it - are they deaf.

2. Destroyed my service book dropping it in diesel when TT went in for service

3. Cleaned bonnet with brillo pad

4. Replaced glove box and failed to swap locks so another trip to sort that out

5. Run round like blue **** flies when I write and complain then let themselves down with shoddy follow up.

6. Now my bluetooth module has died and they need to get a new one - no doubt I'll have to chase that up too.

If I didn't love the TTs so much I'd be off. To be honest BMW delivered a FAR better customer service through their dealerships (not perfect, but generally better). Shame the brand gets let down so badly. frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

There seems to be hell of a lot of problems with A4 glove boxes!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Its all the pron you keep trying to stash in there. I keep telling you, in the boot son, in the boot yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to need an estate wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And a load liner. It's wipe-clean.

There is no doubting that Audi dealers are rubbish. TBH if Audi had an desire to correct this then you would see a more active participation in user groups such as this because you have a group of people with similar experiences - this suggests that with such a small segment it must be a widespread problem, but instead of remedial action they do nothing, why not work with a reduced user group and try to find workable fix to issues on small scale and then work to dealerwide incorporation.

I was trying to buy a used car recently. Query to Audi cistomer services on what the 'audi approved' covered as the car was due a cam belt - typical reply "The contract is betwen you and the dealership so its upto your negotiation skills and the deal stuck as to what work will or will not be carried out"..... Audi approved states according to a local dealership "Any work due to be required on the vehicle within 3 months or 3k miles should be done as part of Audi approved preparations" So the upshot - Audi CS no nothing.......

Audi could work harder to fix this, and I know they are working on retention programmes - so Audi if you want to keep a customer - you have the right product at the right price (must be if people buy) - but the problem is that once you have parted with money its downhill there after. Dealers have some form of volume bonus for units sold, so give them another related to customer satisfaction and use a questionaire that allows honest answer, not loaded to favour the dealership.

Recent experience for me:

Rejection of a car due to requiring work by Audi Aftercare - I'm not prepared to accept their standards of bodywork so rejected the car.

S3 - roof damaged and never fixed, scratch still visible, but dealer who damaged it refused to fix it to 'new' standard (2 month old car) but to 'thier acceptable standard.

S3 - Curbed wheel - "Prove it" was the responce I got.

A2 - Damaged paintwork - as above.

A2 - Knockign from Front - 12 months and no fix.

A2 - Replaced Stero due to skipping CDs, Still skips on CDs and radio still has same code - am I being sceptical in thinking they did nothing?

A4 - Damaged paintwork, curbed wheel, damaged aircon.....

Will Audi fix this - NO, not unless they get someone who is prepared to make a hard decision.