Unacompanied test drives

Cupramax

Hi peeps,

Just canvasing to see what other dealers have been like with A5 test drives, popped in to book my A4 Cab in for a service at my local dealer and requested an unacompanied test drive of an A5 while mine was in being serviced. They basically came out with a load of balony about not giving unacompanied test drives of TT's, A5's and Q7's.

Anybody else had this problem? I would have thought in the current financial climate they'd be falling over themsleves for a sale but clearly not...

Accompanied test drives must be a "Down South" thing!

I've never had someone come out with me when testing a car - Audi, VW, BMW & Subaru were all the same - sign an insurance waiver for the excess then take the car away.

Garages must be more trusting up here!

I'm beginning to think I should have kicked off a bit more. Its not like I'm some spotty kid with a Nova coming in off the street... they didn't get my business for the A4 Cab due to their arrogant sales staff who werent prepared to do a deal...

Accompanied test drives must be a "Down South" thing!

I've never had someone come out with me when testing a car - Audi, VW, BMW & Subaru were all the same - sign an insurance waiver for the excess then take the car away.

Garages must be more trusting up here!

I agree, I've had keys thrown at me for M5s etc with nothing to sign and 'bring it back later' (mind you the M5 needed fuel to go more than 10 minutes but that's an M5 thing). Mind you, Perth Audi are not as helpful these days in that regard.

Smith Knight and chips have always handed me the keys when i have wanted a test drive. Same recently when i took a 2.7tdi out for a couple of hours. Stress free motoring.

In my opinion i dont think the dealers are suffering too much in this climate; they are managing to shift a fair few cars. Just have a look through the audi used car locater to see how many cars are due in towards the end of june-ish

I was fortunate enought to have an A5 3.0TDI as a loan car when I had my A4 serviced just the other week.

All day - i even had to put fuel in it i drove it so much!!

Awesome car and currently on the top of my list as the replacement for the A4 at year end.