R32 DSG vs M3 SMG 2 e46 coupe

msi-chuck

The latest entry in our fake celebrity death file comes MySpace founder Tom Anderson, who according to messages currently being forwarded in MySpace and via mobile phone, died in a head on car crash. Tom is best known ... Read >ohmygoshh i knoww you aint calling tom anderson gayyy.!he is sooo not gayy. ilovetomm., and don't be talking bout him like thatt. kaay.?

Of course, the M3 will be the more powerful car and it's pointless comparing performance as the M3 has 100 more bhp and 130 more torques, but you'll need deeper pockets to run it and my guess is that the .:R32 would be easier to live with all things considered. With prices bveing the way they are, I'd reckon pound for pound, there similarly matched. I presume it's the 6 cylinders your after? Practically speaking, would you need the 2 or 4 door? Styling-wise, of course it's all subjective, and the E46 M3 is a great looking car, but in my mind, the menacing stance of the MKV is equally hard to top; .:R32 Recaros are better looking, too than the M3 seats.

Of course, the M3 will be the more powerful car and it's pointless comparing performance as the M3 has 100 more bhp and 130 more torques, but you'll need deeper pockets to run it and my guess is that the .:R32 would be easier to live with all things considered. With prices bveing the way they are, I'd reckon pound for pound, there similarly matched. I presume it's the 6 cylinders your after? Practically speaking, would you need the 2 or 4 door? Styling-wise, of course it's all subjective, and the E46 M3 is a great looking car, but in my mind, the menacing stance of the MKV is equally hard to top; .:R32 Recaros are better looking, too than the M3 seats.

It does have 100bhp but not more torque.

Should be very little more expensive to run really either.

The R shoves you in to the back of the seat but doesnt really go that quick. The M£ is a fair bit quicker.

It requires a different level of commitment it you want to go faster, however ultimatly more rewarding.

At todays prices it s ano brainer.

It does have 100bhp but not more torque.

Should be very little more expensive to run really either.

The R shoves you in to the back of the seat but doesnt really go that quick. The M£ is a fair bit quicker.

It requires a different level of commitment it you want to go faster, however ultimatly more rewarding.

At todays prices it s ano brainer.

I stand corrected, my apologies. The .:R32 has 236lbs of torque and the E46 M3 has a further 33, coming in at 269.

Surely the M3 will be more expensive to run as far as servicing, insuring, running costs, parts etc?? A friend of mine spent twice the amount he would have in .:R ownership on the first service alone on his E46 M3 :)

Wouldnt say that, doesnt stand as much apart from the golf range as the MK4 R32 did...

On the OP question M3 everyday every time no comparison. :D

Wouldnt say that, doesnt stand as much apart from the golf range as the MK4 R32 did...

What I should have said was that from certain angles i.e. the back and side angles, the MKV stance is both awesome, purposeful and menacing, IMO.

But back to the OP, the 2 cars are two worlds apart; one delivering a different driving experience to the other. I'd say test drive each car and make your own decidsion, as it's all subjective +++