Audi S4 supercharged V6 2009 - Review....

RedRobin

The fact that, except when booting it, the Milltek (I'd have to ask if it was Res or Non-Res) wasn't 'shouting' led me to think that the stock version would be too quiet - At least for my taste in exhaust music.

Sound, like colour, is extremely subjective and as individuals we each hear differing ranges. To be a successful music sound engineer you ideally need to have a natural ability to hear across the whole range and not with a bias towards either bass or treble only.

As Scotty says, it's great to have choices +++

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Newcomer to Tyresmoke but not to Audis. I have just taken delivery this week of a new S4 Avant in exchange for my old RS6 Avant. Picture below.

Missed the exhust music on the old girl, and have not yet had the chance to stretch the legs of the new "Scarlet Lady" but she promises much.

post-28709-137914433389_thumb.jpg

Newcomer to Tyresmoke but not to Audis. I have just taken delivery this week of a new S4 Avant in exchange for my old RS6 Avant. Picture below.

Missed the exhust music on the old girl, and have not yet had the chance to stretch the legs of the new "Scarlet Lady" but she promises much.

....Welcome to Tyresmoke!

I notice different alloys on yours to the new S4 I had. A different factory option?

Those are the standard 18" alloys RR, you had the optional 19". I've stuck with the standard on mine. I priced the tyres up and it's another £200 each time and as I'm usually replacing tyres at least once a year that pays for the tax (nearly). Although the way it's currently going I'll be lucky if I get wheels on mine......

I was a bit unsure if sticking with the standard ones but looking at mstorey's they look fine to me.

Neat! I am impressed! +++

Welcome to TSN +++

Would be interested to hear how the RS6 and new S4 compare.

Defiantly no supercharger badge from the factory in fact with the V6T badge on the wings unless you were "in the know" you would be expecting a turbo not a supercharger.

Why would you do that?!

Because 'supercharger' sounds more powerful than 'turbo'. Think of Mad Max and his supercharged beast.

That is the mentality!!!!

That's it then I'm starting to stock up on the Supercharger badges now. Those V6T badges can go for a start and I'll be getting a new engine cover. How about some supercharged sun strips for the top of the windscreen. It's going to look great!

I hate to say this, but that is not half as bad as I would thought it would be, the angles of the badge perfectly match the angles on the S4 logo. I think S4 say's enough on it's own or maybe debadging is the way to go......?

I hate to say this, but that is not half as bad as I would thought it would be, the angles of the badge perfectly match the angles on the S4 logo. I think S4 say's enough on it's own or maybe debadging is the way to go......?

....I agree - It's been well executed.

Some of you Audi guys on TSN are funny about modifications whether for performance or cosmetic, but especially cosmetic. At least the guy has personalised his ride a little.

I've never understood debadging - If you love your car then you are proud of it and consequently proud of what it is, especially if the particular badge has a good heritage. Would you debadge a Ferrari, for example?