High spec/fully loaded & immaculate MKV GTi DSG 5dr (21k miles)

JonC

Just to give those who are interested, or who may know someone who is interested the heads-up, my most cherished and prized possession is up for sale. A lifestyle change has dawned upon me and it's time to relinquish this very high spec/fully loaded and immaculate low-mile car. Here's the PH ad:

Volkswagen : HIGHEST SPEC/FULLY LOADED, IMMACULATE MKV GTi DSG

And text is here:

A meticulously maintained, immaculate and highly cherished '56' plate (MY07) MKV GTi DSG 5dr in metallic steel grey, with just under 21k miles covered and which has been regularly detailed and obsessed over since new. Every 3 months the paintwork has been cleansed, sealed and high quality, high durability waxes applied to protect the paintwork. As a result, and by utilising correct washing methods, there are no swirl marks in the paintwork.

The car is fully loaded with the highest spec available. All optional extras that VW offered except the smoking pack, parking sensors and sunroof are on this car. They include: heated leather seats with electric lumbar support, Xenon headlights, DVD/Sat Nav Radio/CD, i-pod docking, centre armrest, cruise control, winter pack (heated washer jets, headlight washers), rear tinted windows, Monza II 18" alloys, multi-function steering wheel with paddle shift, highline computer, luxury pack (electric folding and auto-dip mirrors) and telephone preparation.

Also added are a Parrott LC3200 Bluetooth hands-free kit, a colour-coded GTi Edition 30 front splitter, a colour-coded GTi Edition 30 rear valance and colour coded side sills. The remainder of the manufacturers warranty (5 months) is outstanding. Two sets of keys are available as is all relevant paperwork and stamped logbook.

Modifications include Eibach ProKit springs (OEM springs available), Revo stage 1 remap, Carbonio cold air intake and Milltek non-resonated cat-back exhaust.

The car has never been tracked. There are Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric tyres on the front which have covered less than 3k miles and Michelin Pilot Sport's on the rear which are the original tyres, still with 4-5mm of tread left. The car will be serviced within the next week for it's 20k service and is set up for time and distance service as opposed to long life.

Thanks for looking +++

I know, it's no performance vehicle :rolleyes: but it's seriously loaded with toys and I can get all my gear, wife, dog and 2 MTB's in and head up to the hills to blast some trails. New life beckons with open arms....:grin:

Aye, thanks CB; full asking price too. Very sad to see her go, but really looking forward to the next chapter +++

Excellent, bet you're thinking you should have asked for more now if they didn't haggle+++

I read on the other thread that it's a 22yr old, hope he takes good care of it and doesn't prang it. I also hope they are not local as I would dread to think what it would do to you if you were to see it dirty:roflmao:

I got a fair market price so can't complain and found the right buyer within a quick period of time (less than 1 week) which is equally as good. I do hope he'll look after it, but the car's now his concern and I'm glad that he's based in Manchester as I wouldn't want to see it all dirty and uncared for!

Jon, you and Daz can start a Navara club on Tyresmoke - but his is used for chucking building stuff in the back - he doesn't get the concept of detailing :P

Congrats on selling the GTI so quickly. You'll get sick of the Nissan pretty quick and want to be back in a GTI. Ed30 of course... :D

Jon - how you finding the Nav for lugging the bike about?

Getting a nav crossed my mind a bit back when my car's lease was coming to an end. Have extended it to Feb now, so got more time to weigh up my options.

Am into MTBing and so is the girlfriend, so have to put the 2 bikes on the beemers roof at the mo, which is fine, but the interior can end up a little messy.

Reckon the Navara will take some abuse and could be pretty cheap as a company car if it falls under the van benefit in kind tax?

Jon - how you finding the Nav for lugging the bike about?

Getting a nav crossed my mind a bit back when my car's lease was coming to an end. Have extended it to Feb now, so got more time to weigh up my options.

Am into MTBing and so is the girlfriend, so have to put the 2 bikes on the beemers roof at the mo, which is fine, but the interior can end up a little messy.

Reckon the Navara will take some abuse and could be pretty cheap as a company car if it falls under the van benefit in kind tax?

The Navara is the perfect tool for the job. It's incredibly spacious (in double cab version), high off the ground with switchable 4WD and full of luxuries if in the Aventura spec. I have the snugbox on mine, so the load bed makes for a more usable space. My Lapierre fits in neatly (and without rattling around the load area) at an angle from corner to corner (with the bars spun round 180 degrees) without the need to take the front wheel off. It's not good for 2 complete bikes though as one would have to lay on top of another (with care to avoid damage), but I'm thinking that I may be able to take the front wheels off the bikes, lower the seats right down and secure some kind of unit to the load bed floor which holds the bikes upright (less front wheel) by the front forks. That way I can get 2 bikes in easily with the snugbox. Without the snugbox, it would be easy to get a few bikes in the load bed as there's no height restrictions. For me, I wanted the security and practicality of the snugbox.

Tax is on a commercial vehicle basis so only £185 per annum, although the usual insurance places are less inclined to insure the Navara due to it's commercial status. That said, there are plenty of companies that do and I managed to secure the most competitive deal through Direct Line. Fuel economy is not outstanding, but pretty good. In auto, they glide around and they're a joy to drive. Huge torque when you need it and great for getting you and the bikes to places that cars couldn't reach. Mrs C and I are loving our Navara. The renown trails of Glentress and Innerleithen are just 25 mins from us, so we're there early every weekend hammering the trails :grin:

Hope that helps +++

secure some kind of unit to the load bed floor which holds the bikes upright (less front wheel) by the front forks.

Jon,

There used to be a Nissan approved accessory which did just that. I can't seem to find it now though.

Jon,

There used to be a Nissan approved accessory which did just that. I can't seem to find it now though.

Really? I'll call my local and friendly dealer and see if he can shed some light on the matter.

Cheers Daz +++