Ferrari - guess who's back.....

bazza_g

Why the feck would Schumacher get a test anyway - the new Red Bull impronounceable named bloke from sunny Spain never got to practice before Hungary.

Billblank - SeanKHotay is one of our resident humouriserists - pinch of salt required for reading with all his posts +++

Apart from when he's being serious :P

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why the feck would Schumacher get a test anyway - the new Red Bull impronounceable named bloke from sunny Spain never got to practice before Hungary.

I was thinking the exact same. There was more of a case to allow the new Torro Rosso boy to test from a safety perspective as ge had only driven the car a dew times in a straight line. You can't change the rules in this case even if it is Ferrari and Schumacher.

But fair play to the guy - he's got to lose a load of weight - he's lost 3kg already.

This has been on the cards since the second Massa had his accident - you can't lose that much weight and retain your fitness and form.

"I'm currently in the midst of my preparations for the upcoming race. I already lost three kilograms even if it is also important to me to build up muscles. So all in all, the practice works pretty well. I only have to admit that my neck pinches a bit. We have to get a grip on that as health has priority, that's the clear arrangement made with Ferrari and, by the way, with my wife, too."

Schumi loses weight for F1 return - F1technical.net

Some of us over here are calling him "Algesaurus"...even tho he's something under a million years old.

BTW, there's an unconfirmed rumor that Red Bull Italiano informally asked for an Algesaurus test and Ferrari among others said no.

In the face of that, why would Ferrari make a similar request public? :rollseyes:

Billblank - SeanKHotay is one of our resident humouriserists - pinch of salt required for reading with all his posts +++

Apart from when he's being serious :P

TA! Plus 'Merican language and humorour doesn't always translate well into English...

+++

(uh, 'resident' doesn't mean 'humoured' or 'involuntarily committed to criminal psychiatric care', right?)

Some of us over here are calling him "Algesaurus"...even tho he's something under a million years old.

BTW, there's an unconfirmed rumor that Red Bull Italiano informally asked for an Algesaurus test and Ferrari among others said no.

Found it...Here's what I read:

08/04/09 Alguersuari test request was turned down - Red Bull (GMM) Red Bull did not agree to let Michael Schumacher test Ferrari's 2009 car because the same courtesy was not granted to rookie Jaime Alguersuari, team owner Dietrich Mateschitz has revealed.

Most teams were willing to see the 40-year-old German drive the injured Felipe Massa's F60 car prior to his Valencia comeback, but it emerged on Monday that Williams, as well as both Red Bull-owned teams, would not be giving the same go-ahead.

Ahead of his Hungarian GP debut last month, teenager Alguersuari had no experience of a F1 car except for two straight-line aerodynamic tests, due to the total ban on in-season circuit testing.

"We asked for permission for a test for Alguersuari and it was turned down. So why should we approve an exemption for a seven-time world champion?" Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso team boss Mateschitz is quoted as saying by the Daily Mail.

Dunno how accurate the Daily Mail is and I can't find the quote on their site after a 5-click search...

....And it didn't specifically mention Ferrari, my bad...

Don't forget that Ferrari had the best team, best car and best strategist for over 10 years whilst he was there. He had the team beat to every request of his.. things won't be the same and come backs are often limited and dissapointing.

It was a long time ago but my memory of it was that Ferrari were just an average team at the time and it was a certain German (along with a big English guy of course) that turned it into the success it was. I'm not a fan of his but I respect him and his acheivments enormously. The stories of the hours he put in compared with the normal F1 drivers at testing etc were everywhere. This is one guy who wasn't just handed it on a plate but someone who gave it 110%.

I just hope the comeback isn't a damp squid.

Dunno how accurate the Daily Mail is and I can't find the quote on their site after a 5-click search...

....And it didn't specifically mention Ferrari, my bad...

Ferrari's press release says that they gave the go-ahead for Alguersuari to test, so presumably others blocked it.

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula 1 | Ferrari fume at rivals' test snub

I think both of them should have had the chance to drive their respective cars. This is one of many areas where safety takes second place to rules aimed at controlling competition or costs.

It was a long time ago but my memory of it was that Ferrari were just an average team at the time and it was a certain German (along with a big English guy of course) that turned it into the success it was. I'm not a fan of his but I respect him and his acheivments enormously. The stories of the hours he put in compared with the normal F1 drivers at testing etc were everywhere. This is one guy who wasn't just handed it on a plate but someone who gave it 110%.

I just hope the comeback isn't a damp squid.

Have to agree, during the Alesi and Berger years they were a consistent mid running team, Schumacher, Brawn and I guess Todt turned it around

I didn't realise until today that in the bike accident he had which caused his neck problems, he actually cracked some vertebre so it appears it was quite a serious neck injury.

Shame he is not coming back though, I was looking forward to the next race.

It's either a £££ issue or he's off the pace. Surely before committing he would know the state of his health in terms of what he can / can't do. His doctor knows he's a racing driver. If he has such an injury that he shouldn't race then the doctor would have made that very clear right?

Not likely to submit your body to high G forces in everyday life so who was to know until he tried, poss guilty of over expectation on his own behalf?

Real shame me thinks to show what a true competitor he is AGAIN.