My MY2010 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI S-Line Exec 6MT - Aruba Blue

Scotty

So after Audi forgot quattro last time, I've now got the car I ordered.

I love it !

The quattro is as expected i.e. you just go faster with no fuss and no more scrabbling for grip.

Really prefer the Aruba Blue to the Meteor Grey but then I'm colour blind so just ignore this if you don't agree wink.gif

B & O is better than the MY2009. The DSP seems to work so much better and the radio reception is definately improved.

3G MMI - it's a great improvement. It's so much more than just 3D buildings biggrin.gif

I'm already a big fan of the power tailgate.

I am missing the S-line badge on one wing which is a bit of a concern but I'll wait for the dealers response.

Here's some pics +++

post-124-137914436633_thumb.jpg

post-124-137914436636_thumb.jpg

post-124-137914436638_thumb.jpg

post-124-137914436641_thumb.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks great Scotty!!

So, remap next week then?? :)

I do wish Audi would swap the climate and the multimedia section round though.

Perhaps not next week but ...... ;)

I agree about the climate. Seems silly but you can force yourself to do it via MMI instead of leaning forward :grin:

It's great. The previous glovebox was virtualy full as soon as you put the manual in.

Weirdly if you order AMI then you don't get this :eek:

You have to order the Tech Pack (AMI, Sat Nav and Cruise).... well at least that's what some people have found with their recent deliveries.

Perhaps not next week but ...... ;)

I agree about the climate. Seems silly but you can force yourself to do it via MMI instead of leaning forward :grin:

Haha, I know that, I mean from an aesthetics point of view, should put the black plastic slab at the bottom and the nicely lit climate up where you can see it.

+++

Very nice looking car. Making me jealous I've only had mine six months but already many things are last generation :( Any functional difference between the old AMI and the new version, wish it had a search facility as it is a pain browsing through hundreds of albums / artists on an iPod

Paul

Errrm dunno. I've only had the USB connected so far. I don't think there's a change i.e. I've not read of one. I know that there's certainly not the ability to thumb through album covers though. Perhaps that's a good thing in the car. :confused:

I'd like the ability to go through letter my letter rather than each artist i.e. if you zip through them fast, it realise like on an iPod.

I'll have a play ;)

On mine - that I just got yesterday - with a USB disk, not an iPod, I was searching through 200+ Artists and I spun the MMI dial really quickly... it then went into a search mode... or, maybe more appropriately, a fast browse mode.

See if it works for you... I will see if I can grab a picture if necessary. Let me know.

Very nice looking car. Making me jealous I've only had mine six months but already many things are last generation :( Any functional difference between the old AMI and the new version, wish it had a search facility as it is a pain browsing through hundreds of albums / artists on an iPod

Paul

What do you mean by a search function??

Can you not go into ARTIST-> then choose the letter, ie. P -> then search all artists beggining with P??

Reason I ask is I was about to put an AMI in instead of the Dension, just so it was all OEM, but I would need to be able to search by Artist letter as I have 1000's on my ipod.

Looks great Paul, no wonder you are chuffed.

Agreed about the 3G MMI.. i was very impressed with it when i drove the new a4 recently.. unfortunatly the only down side is that audi haven't improved their postcode search from the the 4 digit they had previously. Aesthetically it's head and sholders above what went before.

Power tailgate is great, and you soon get used to having it.. I miss it on other cars we have. It keeps you from getting wet and dirty hands on a rainy day.

I was also impressed with the B&O when i drove the A4 offroad. Impressive set p.. have you tried turing it up!! little distortion (apart from my inner ear) :grin:

Nice car, great spec and i'm sure you'll enjoy it for ages!

Can you not go into ARTIST-> then choose the letter, ie. P -> then search all artists beggining with P??

Nope that is exactly the kind of thing I was expecting but is just not possible with the AMI.

I have discovered the fast browse whereby you can 'guess' where you might want to go based on the current artist count out of total artist count (but you just see numbers no summary or alphabetic clue)

Paul

I spun the MMI dial really quickly... it then went into a search mode...

Looking good Scotty, glad you got the right car in the end I guess missing a badge is not quite so bad as missing a whole section of the drivetrain!

DPM - Found this feature this morning by accident myself, don't think I've seen any mention of it in the Manual, is it a hidden feature? If so how many more are there...

Scotty you mentioned controlling the Climate Control via the MMI dial, I've not found that bit yet apart from the A/C settings?