My MY2010 A4 Avant 2.0TFSI S-Line Exec 6MT - Aruba Blue

Scotty

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Scotty you mentioned controlling the Climate Control via the MMI dial, I've not found that bit yet apart from the A/C settings?

I did ..... and I was wrong :o

I think in all my fiddling and playing I thought the MMI brought it up but I can't see how it could have done. Sorry for any confusion.

p.s. Just found the high speed search as mentioned above. Exactly what I was after. +++

On the 3G it's vastly improved over the 2G. On 2G you've completed the task before the screen even changes. On 3G it's virtually real time. I also found that if you press the temp controller, that makes the slide out windon on the MMI screen appear and disappear so they'res no waiting for it to time out.

I also had a hack around the engineering menu last night. Feck me - you could screw your car up in there !! I found the SatNav/Juke box runs off a 2.5" Toshiba 40Gb drive. Admittedly it's a robust one (200G is use and 800G when not!!!) but I wonder how long before someone swaps it out with another laptop's HDD.

Hard drive is actually surprisingly noisy for a 2.5" laptop drive. You can clearly hear it when you are sitting in the car on your own in silence :secret: admittedly that is being a bit picky. I am disappointed however with the speed of scrolling around the map with the joystick it is pretty sluggish given the big fuss over the NVIDIA graphics chip. Don’t get me wrong it is a very good well integrated system although I am finding myself arguing with the voice recognition system, but it is a woman after all so I guess that’s what its there for…

...although I am finding myself arguing with the voice recognition system, but it is a woman after all so I guess that’s what its there for…

:roflmao: I know that feeling, "select name" seems to be misunderstood as "store name" and then I'm arguing for the next five minutes! Took me ages to workout the sequence for free-dialing using voice recognition

:roflmao: I know that feeling, "select name" seems to be misunderstood as "store name" and then I'm arguing for the next five minutes! Took me ages to workout the sequence for free-dialing using voice recognition

Me too, and if you don't pronounce the name the same way as your phone does it doesn't work.

Does anyone really use voice control??

I tried it a couple of times when I first got the BM (without reading the manual and knowing what the commands were). I couldn't get it to do what I wanted so gave up.

Now, if I'm bored in traffic, I'll occasionally tell it to "SMELL MY CHEESE YOU MOTHER" and amuse myself with what it thinks I want.

Maybe I should look into it more then.

Haha, it's not just me then??!!

Do you want to store "home"?? :ffs::ffs::ffs::ffs:

No, that's why I said "Call Home"

I have only ever had one device that works with voice control, a Bury CC9060, no other car system has. :(

I would whack a 250gb X25 SSD drive in there, would fly. +++

DPM - Found this feature this morning by accident myself, don't think I've seen any mention of it in the Manual, is it a hidden feature? If so how many more are there...

I didn't see it in the manual, I came across it by accident while getting frustrated scrolling through about 70 Artists beginning with A. I really think the AMI / Media team and the Voice Control team at Audi need to have a sit-down session and plan how this could all be done just a little bit better... voice control would be good - full names or first letters - but I'd accept an overlay search screen (just like the air con. and fan speed dialogues) that has A to Z on it like the navigation entry stuff, but smaller.

The AMI is lagging behind the rest of the car for me... seems like an add-on thought (which, in all fairness, it rather might be) but it should integrate into the MMI - from a usability perspective - somewhat better than it does.

At least this "fast search" - whatever it might formally be - exists. Counting my blessings.

Beautiful looking car you have Scotty, glad it is all sorted.

Cheers. Considering the car is filthy (see below) I think the pics didn't come out too bad.

attachment.php?attachmentid=37077&d=1252270955

Tomorrow it's having the fully monty of a clean (and you'll have seen his other work on TSN ;)) so I'm looking forward to the finished result. +++

post-124-137914436684_thumb.jpg

This is a video of the Dension on the MMI....

How is the AMI different when looking for artists or albums etc.

I need to make a decision on wether to swap for the AMI or just stick with the Dension.

I think the AMI is a little more limited. Does the Dension also shown in the DIS? That video looks nicely integrated. I wouldntt pay more than the AMI cost thought as it does enough (for me). In fact I got it as part of the Tech Pack so it's hard to put a real price on it. The Dension looked good but I missed any killer feature that I'd go non-OEM for.

Edited by Scotty

This is a video of the Dension on the MMI....

How is the AMI different when looking for artists or albums etc.

I need to make a decision on wether to swap for the AMI or just stick with the Dension.

I had a good look at this, as I thought "has it got a killer search feature?"... it looks fine, but when you do A..Z search it comes up with a list of entries A to Z... which you then scroll through with the MMI dial to get to your letter before getting the Artists that begin with that letter.

At least that's what I thought I saw.

So, you can also do this with the AMI by just having a top level folder A, B, C, ..Z if you like with all the relevant Artists in there... same outcome? I thought so.

I'd not change what I've got anyway, but it's interesting stuff nevertheless. Hoping the AMI may improve over time.

On the search you can search them all, A through Z, however, you can Choose the option the says "A, B, C......."

You then scroll through...

A-

B-

C-

D-

etc.

This is all on the ipod, you have to create folders on the USB stick or on a hard drive.

I think you do anyway.