7 months and 6 days later the mk6 arrives

Snoopy

golfs.jpg

Yes it has actually arrived.

I think they may have forgot to paint a few bits though. hum.

Windscreen to wing joint, wing edge, the blue paint does not go all the way to the edge its sort of white. hum.

DSC00447.jpg

DSC00448.jpg

DSC00449.jpg

The DTRL i seem to have the front and rear lights on, i thought it was just suppose to be the fronts?

Edited by Snoopy

How on earth has that passed pdi? It shouldn't have even got to assembly stage let alone let out the factory, obviously VWs quality control isn't up to much these days.

I would have rejected it immediately and not even driven it home, I would say it looks like it's been (poorly) resprayed and had a colour change, but I think the reality is it's somehow missed the shell spray booth, as normally that sealer in the wheel arch gets painted.

Surely they can't all be like that - can they?! I'd definitely be calling the dealer first thing to let the the dealer principal know you're considering rejecting the car and your coming in this morning to talk to them. Don't mention the problem over the phone as they'll dream up some wonderful story by the time you get there!

The mk1 is mine i have had it since around 1990 and will not part with it its my old faithful never let me down and never fails to start first time. Im slowly collecting body parts to do a full restoration on it as its not as good as i would like it.

I looked at my dads MKVI at the weekend and looking in the wheelarch up towards the suspension turrets I can see the same grey finish / paint.

Have to say though, there looks to be more grey on yours from those pics.

As long as it doesn't rust and they are adequately protected then I guess it doesn't matter really; just not what you expect.

• 2 weeks later...

I also too feel the quality of Volkswagen products has been declining, it start from the shift from the MK4 to the MK5 imo. I read somewhere that Volkswagen and Audi were getting too close in terms of quality so Volkswagen went back a step to create a bigger gap.

Look at that MK1 :D awesome, you can really see the difference in size, the new generation Golf`s are massive!

Riz :)

That goes for all 'updates' these days.

They have airbags to fit in, safety cells, soft dashes blah blah....

Very true, cars seem to be getting diluted because of this fact. Right back on topic.... that paint job is shoddy, demand a refund and perfect repair, free servicing for life?

Riz :)

• 1 month later...

something not quite right with that paint job - i do like the colour though.

oh no interior rattles my 2.5 year old MK5 GTI has been plagued with rattles since I drove out the forecourt with it, its never been right although I have fixed most of them myself - would not trust a dealer as far as I could throw them since they had to replace the entire plastic centre console cos sum numnuts thought it would be a good idea to spray the reverse side of the plastic with silicone spray to stop it rattling :ffs: and apart from the usuall replacements like a starter motor, fuel pump, steering rack, alloy wheels and a light bulb :) its a great car to drive.

sorry off topic there - I thought the MK6 had improved on the interior build over the MK5.