How to get a fast take off with Haldex drive

Spooks

I have just blown my last bucks on a new Audi TTS, how can I get a fast launch from the lights? it feels like the brakes are on. It has so much torque built up in first, the transmission bangs into second unless you hesitate on the clutch and loose power. Diesel vans are leaving me standing. Also do I hold the power on through corners like the old type 4X4. Should I turn off the ESP for a quick launch?

Jeremy Clarkson could not get it right on the R8 in last weeks Top Gear so perhaps I should not feel to bad.

Thanks Guys helpfull to the max :eclipse: I like the stick thing in the middle.

There is a stick in the middle with DSG as well +++ Forward to change up, Pull back to change down although you might miss the harsh gear changes :roflmao:

If it feels like it's bogging down it could be the ESP cutting the power. Try switching off the ESP. On my R32 you can just nail it ad the front tyres spin a bit then the back digs in and away you go.

If it's a brand new car everything will be tight so gear changes might not be as smooth as they will be in a couple of thousand miles.

That depends on how you drive it. Even with ESP off you've still got a fair bit of grip.

You can always switch the ESP back on after you've beat everything away from the lights.

You may eant to consider an upgraded Hadex controler which will bias more drive to the rear.

Because of how Haldex, operates it's extremely difficult to do 4 wheel drifts as it's not true 4WD. Rear whels only get drive once fronts have slipped. Updated controller transfer quicker.

The S3 would switch off completely too...

I really found NO need for ESP at all in the S3, so darn predictable, loads of grip... even in the wet you can be stupid and have loads in reserve... and mine had 300-310bhp and a gob load of torque.

Only ball ache is switching it off every time you drive it... so i just changed the car instead! lol

According to the literature the new TTS has 85% to the rear and 15% to the front on normal driving ???????? that's what it says anyway. Thanks for your help guys.

Surely it has UP TO 85% to the rear, not in the normal course of events...

:confused:

Sidicks