Winter wheels and tyres?

DanG

Hi, the wheel bore on the B8 A4 is 66.6mil wheres the C5 A6 prior to this was 57.1mm. So I wouldn't recommend it :)

I do have a set of brand new A4 B8 Winter Wheels ready to go on a car though from the Audi Winter Wheel programme? But might be more than your looking to spend? (£1120). We pre-ordered them in the hope that a customer would want a set. But despite selling loads of A6, Q5 and Q7 wheels not one person has asked about them :confused:

Hi, the wheel bore on the B8 A4 is 66.6mil wheres the C5 A6 prior to this was 57.1mm. So I wouldn't recommend it :)

I do have a set of brand new A4 B8 Winter Wheels ready to go on a car though from the Audi Winter Wheel programme? But might be more than your looking to spend? (£1120). We pre-ordered them in the hope that a customer would want a set. But despite selling loads of A6, Q5 and Q7 wheels not one person has asked about them :confused:

Hi Nelson

You seem to be the man in know here with regards to the Winter Wheel programme and I'm having no joy with getting info from my local dealer. I'm looking for a set for my A6 Le Mans...what's the current lead time?

I was tempted to go down the eBay.de route that Andy_Bangle highlighted but my German's not that great.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I bought a A6 Allroad last year and missed all the snow so I was quite looking forward to it this year.

My first mistake was to go for the 19" (SE) option as the tyres are as much use as a wooden bootlace in the snow, its quite embarrassing at times! So I started on the winter tyre journey back in Nov and still have not got any. Easiest option cutting out all the different answers you get from various Audi dealers is to go to My tyres and Buy Pirrelli Winter tyres but that is also one of the most expensive. I contacted a couple of the German sites advertised on that well no auction site and have only had 1 answer and his english is as good as my german......

My latest query was regarding "Allroad" Tyres as I remember these were an option when I first bought the car. So I asked what type of tyre did they fit, Goodyear ATRs in an 18", so now Im back to square one, do I go for winters or go down the Allroad route that I probably should have at the time I ordered. AAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHH:confused:

Problem is I still need to get alloys and my so called insurer says they have to be OEM or it will affect my policy!!!!!

Any and I mean any opinions will be helpful:ffs::ffs::ffs::ffs::ffs::ffs::ffs:

I am not just saying this cause I have a set for sale, but have you considered 17's?? Getting 17" winters is far easier and a hell of a lot cheaper too.

I just bought a set of Dunlop Winter Sports in 235/45/17 size with just over 5mm all round for £260, slightly more expensive this year as I only paid £250 for a set with 7.5mm last time, but that was before everyone started thinking that maybe winter tyres could be a good idea, those along with used oem 17" wheels you are looking at under £500 all in and they will last 3 winters at a guess.

18" winter tyres will cost you £600 before you have even found some alloys, and you have got to find the tyres somewhere.