End of Season Predictions (now the transfer window is closed)

billy2shots

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Rene Adler

2. Sebastain Neuer

3. Maarten Stelkenburg

That's the running apparently.

Adler is the German national keeper who got injured ahead of the World Cup, so Neuer took his place. He is now back as the national team first choice. The big thing that makes him favourite is that he has told Leverkusen he wants to leave - because he is a lifetime United fan, as is the rest of his family. He occasionally goes to Old Trafford to watch matches.

Neuer is also a target for Arsenal. His idol was Jens Lehmann, who was from the same club (Schalke) and I think he is more likely to be their No.1 keeper next year.

Maarten Stelkenburg has been watched for ages. He is the recommendation of Van Der Sar and the current Dutch No.1. To be honest I think he's the best in the world right now and Ferguson has said VDS will have a major say in who United sign - so I'll be very happy if it is this guy. I wouldn't mind them signing Adler and Stelkenburg, but it's never gonna happen. The reason he is No.3 on the list is because Ajax are said to want silly money for him because they know United are interested. £25m apparently, whereas Adler can be had for about £14m and Neuer around the same.

:rolleyes:

Probably a Chelsea win of coarse.
:rolleyes:

Well that didn't happen.

There's now been two (or maybe three) key weekends when if Arsenal han't been stupid they would have sorted out all and any point gap issues with Man Utd. Once again thrown away.

Encouragement can't come from watching Arsenals 2nd half, but watching Wolves and the L'poo games sort of helped :grin:

Tweet of the day has to go to Robbie Savage.

He said this in the middle of the Chelsea/Liverpool game, publically on Twitter (you can go see for yourself):

"Ray wilkins just said I think Torres has done ok - he's been shite"

:roflmao: Gotta love him, he says it as it is and he was spot on. I did enjoy the Scousers singing today, must admit I found it all rather funny.

A later quote from Savage was:

"Bigger Club 1 - 0 Better Team"

He's not popular with some people.:roflmao:

BLIMEY!

What a weekend - especially Saturday.

Much as I enjoyed the Toon-Gooner match immensely that result was the most disappointing for me (I would quite like Arsenal to win the league this year).

Yesterday from a Scouse POV was top stuff.

So my "wake up and smell the coffee" ending to this season is:

Arsenal to win the League

Liverpool to win the Europa Cup

Liverpool to finish 4th

Chelsea to finish 5th

Sadly none of that will happen but I would LOVE IT, really LOVE IT....