Guess this car.

Luke

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be one of these

Bond GT 2+2: April 1963 - October 1964; 451 (including 7 known pre-production cars)

Bond GT 4S: September 1964 - January 1967; 1934

Bond GT 4S 1300: February 1967 - August 1970; 571

Bond Equipe 2-Litre Saloon: January 1967 - January 1970; 591

Bond Equipe 2-Litre Convertible: January 1968 - January 1970; 841

Anyway does that mean its my go?

Bond Equipe GT4S 1300 is it's full title!

And here it is in all it's glory -

gk3i.jpg

vz4d.jpg

0hi3.jpg

Not sure I can remember ever seeing another one, quite an interesting little car.

The reason the link to the Bond Bug three wheeler was a bit tenuous (imo) was because the Bug wasn't made by Bond, it was commissioned by Reliant after they purchased Bond in 1970 and was basically a cut down Reliant three wheeler chassis that they stuck the Bond name on, not sure if everyone agrees that makes the link tenuous or not?

Anyway, yes your turn!

Yeah yeah.  ;)

I'm not sure why but I wrongly ruled out Bond somewhere in my deductions... :P

I wasn't 100% sure about the 'being swallowed up by British Leyland' comment, what happened to Reliant in the end? did BL swallow them up? if so then technically I guess they swallowed Bond up too.

I remember the days when you'd still see Bond Bugs on the road with a degree of frequency.  I'm not saying every day, but certainly plenty. 

EDITED TO ADD:  Or maybe I always saw the same one!  Because having looked on Wiki it seems only 2,270 were made!  The odd thing is that the car on Wiki's page is Orange - and I was about to say "They always seemed to be Orange in colour". :roflmao: