Football results today

Luke

I can't believe that after losing today we are still top! A win in the next two games and I will get excited!

Sky Bet rang me on Wednesday offering me cash out on my 2500/1 win for £600! Gave them short shrift. Add a 0 and I may consider.

What did you put down £5/£10?

I totally get your thinking 'it's only £10 but the reward could be massive'

That's changed now though because it's not £5 or £10 your prepared to lose, it's £600. That's as good as your money so whilst you technically aren't risking it you kind of are (if that makes sense)

I think your bonkers but no guts no glory. I would have snapped their hand off and would be £600 better off this morning. At this stage would you bet £600 that Leicester will win the league from this position?

It's a weird one because in my mind you are no longer risking you initial bet (£5/£10) you are now risking £600 which I couldn't do. All down to risk and reward but Leicester are nailed on 5th for me so it's not a risk I personally would contemplate for longer than a second.

Good luck!

It is a £10 bet. I have the same each way as well.

We are 11/1 now so to get a £25k return you would need to put down £2272. Therefore I think the bet is worth more than £600.

Also I want to have the "what if" feeling for a bit longer!! Not necessarily what if I won the money but what if we win the league!!

• Like 1

I would leave the bet on.

It is £10 placed as a bit of fun.  

Sky are offering the £600 because they, like others, are now trying to lower their pay-out liability. 

£25,000 v £600 when you're half way through a season is a big difference.  Realistically, to get someone to take the offer, they need to be offering £5,000 or more in my view.  If they offered me £5,000 now, I'd take it.  Anything less, no.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

I totally get the fact it's only £10 of Booster's money that is at 'risk' but it's passing up pocketing £600.

I guess it all comes down to your view on Leicester and their chances.

I hope they continue but I wouldn't put £10 of my own money on them becoming champions let alone passing up the offer of £600

Edited by billy2shots

The only team that looks like threatening their chances of winning the title are City, in my view.

Arsenal will keep doing what they did against Southampton.  That's what they do.

City looked ominously good and Silva is going to have a lot to say about where the title goes.  If they can keep him fit and get Aguero on form too, I think Leicester will find it very tough indeed.  That said, I still think they'll do it.

Booster, take a good look at the table and enjoy it while you can. The mighty city are going to give your boys one hell of a spanking later. Your confidence will be shot to pieces causing a slump in form. Before you know it you will be out of the champions league places.

Rejoice because 6th or 7th will still be a great season for your club but curse what might have been.

#shouldoftakenthemoney

PLEASE win tonight Leicester!!!!

I want a 5-5 draw with Sterling and De Bruyne scoring City's goals, preferably assisting each other in doing so.

I would like Mahrez and Vardy to score all of Leicester's goals, again assisting each other.

I'd then like all the other players to get sent off in the last 5 seconds of the match. 

p.s. if I can't have that, I'd like City to win 0-6 with the same scorers as above.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

Booster, take a good look at the table and enjoy it while you can. The mighty city are going to give your boys one hell of a spanking later. Your confidence will be shot to pieces causing a slump in form. Before you know it you will be out of the champions league places.

Rejoice because 6th or 7th will still be a great season for your club but curse what might have been.

#shouldoftakenthemoney

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

No new offer I fear.

The bookies will be feeling a lot better about things this morning. This is going to sound bizarre considering the financial outlay of both teams but.......

I was a little disappointed in Leicester. They will never ever get a better shot at the title than they have right now. Playing against one of their title rivals and they parked the bus for the best part of an hour.

City are in awful form particularly away from home having now scored 2 goals from their last 6 away games. Players are out injured, just returning from injury or hideously out of form.

City were their for the taking and Leicester didn't have the belief when they should have done.

Last night they looked like a team towards the bottom of the league happy to take a point off one of the bigger teams.

Like I said that's going to sound really harsh considering how brilliantly Leicester have done for half a season but the reality is they are in with a shout and if you swapped the name for any of the other perennial title contenders, Arsenal, Chelsea or Utd, would one of those sides miss the opportunity to take points off a stumbling rival.

Ranieri should have stuck with 4-4-2. It's been unbelievably effective for them so don't bottle it now when you need to believe in your conviction the most. The last 30 minutes the Foxes looked so much better against a wobbly city defence but it was too late.

At the sharp end of the season when squeaky bum time approaches, it becomes about mentality and belief as bunch as physical quality.

Last night was very revealing and the bookies would have slept a little better imo.

Edited by billy2shots

Inler needs to be sold in January as he is no better than me playing for Leicester.

Thought our defenders did very well as did theirs.

Fair result although the ref had some poor decisions.

Roll on the weekend and a new offer from the Banker /copyright Scotty/

City should have had a penalty.  Aguero was brought down and it was a clear decision.  Poor refereeing.

Vardy fluffed a big opportunity.

Didn't help my FF team at all.  I have Vardy, Mahrez, Sterling and De Bruyne - so I thought that whatever the result I was in for some easy points.  I hadn't banked on a 0-0 draw!