Australia GP Thread

CarMad

So first race of the season, Mercedes look the class of the field but Mclaren, Redbull and Ferrari don't look that far behind.

Redbull seem to have resolved many of their issues but they finished the second session with what looked like an over heating issue again, so it will be interesting to see how they do in the race.

Its going to be a very interesting season and at last its about to start. +++

There was a picture of the Red Bull after the second practice session with what looked like a large heat related blister above the side pod.   Not sure if it'll last the whole race if the heat at that hot-spot is that bad, but what do I know!!!

Keeps trying to rain ATM. The cars don't sound bad just different, on the plus side with the extra toque and other changes the back ends are more lively. In the last 3 turns they've been laying plenty of rubber down

Now watching the 911 Challenge - these sound more like the old f1 cars.

Edited by Andy_Bangle

Yes, they are quiter but you've got to remember this a new era of racing - V8, V10, V6, turbo or non-turbo all have their unique sounds.

It was a great quali and a large thunder storm held off long enough (I got soaked), tomorrow is going I be cooler and maybe wetter. Every time Dan put in the quickest time a huge cheer went up however, the biggest cheer was reserved for Seb's time.

post-2199-0-21569100-1394878438_thumb.jp

Edited by Andy_Bangle

Yeah I think they are going to appeal the appeal but reading the full FIA transcript they do seem to have been naughty. 

The fuel sensor had been having issues but they agreed to offset the reading and Redbull agreed. However during the race they started to use more than the allowed amount but when asked to drop consumption they have ignored the FIA. 

I think they believe that their sensors are providing better readings than the FIAs and are happy to fight the case after the race rather than during it. Either that or they really have used more than 100Kg/h and thats why Ricardo was able to stay at the sharp end. 

Either way it was a weird race but Bottas certainly helped to make it interesting that Willams looks pretty good if they can qualify better. +++