Wop speciale

Woppum

Hold up!  Something has passed me by - you have a GTO as well?

Do you still have the 'standard' 458?  I thought the plan was to replace that with the 458's replacement, keep the Speciale forever and the M3 was just loitering around!  I must have missed the GTO arriving at some point.

Fair play to you Sam.  Your garage must look like Romans!

l

Haha, that was the plan you are right, however to be honest I have zero interest in turbo charged cars. My view is the speciale and Gto are the best of the era of Supercars about to go extinct. I also believe future values of these cars down the line will substantially increase because of that. I don't think the mAjority of the traditional Ferrari customers realise the cars will never sound or feel the same again. In addition there is no capital gains tax on cars as they are classed as a wasting asset. Any appreciation goes straight in the pocket. The speciale is what I will be using regularly. Gto I'm going to keep the miles lowish, but still use. There are another couple of cars which I'm working on to, but sourcing is not straight forward and I don't think it will be quick. A lot of fun ! :)

• Like 2

l

Haha, that was the plan you are right, however to be honest I have zero interest in turbo charged cars. My view is the speciale and Gto are the best of the era of Supercars about to go extinct. I also believe future values of these cars down the line will substantially increase because of that. I don't think the mAjority of the traditional Ferrari customers realise the cars will never sound or feel the same again. In addition there is no capital gains tax on cars as they are classed as a wasting asset. Any appreciation goes straight in the pocket. The speciale is what I will be using regularly. Gto I'm going to keep the miles lowish, but still use. There are another couple of cars which I'm working on to, but sourcing is not straight forward and I don't think it will be quick. A lot of fun ! :)

post-1340-0-95419000-1416145315_thumb.jp

l

Wow, the GTO is fantastic.  Good on you  +++

I agree with you on the turbo charging aspect for cars of that nature.  It just doesn't seem right somehow.  Only wish I had the financial capability to try and take advantage and also have a heck of a lot of enjoyment from them in the intervening years.  I think you're living the entire forum's car owning dreams  :)

Love the picture next to the Rolls too  ;)

The offer of covering for your dad's driver when he has a holiday still stands  ^_^

• Like 1

That Speciale colour really is top drawer Wopps - the best I've seen. Love it. 

When I bought my flat in London F40s were about £200k (2003). I didn't have £200k in ready cash lying about but had I such funds and sunk that money into an F40 rather than my flat it would have done significantly better! Well, assuming I was able to keep it nice while living in it ...

• Like 1

I remember thinking at £500k they must have hit the top. You could have picked up an F50 from Joe Macari for £350k probably not more than 4 years ago. How much are they now?! Nuts.

Carrera GT might be an accumulator perhaps? Can't afford one of them either!

How long does it last? It doesn't, if you can afford to ride out the slumps in the market it can work in your favour, if not, people lose fortunes on cars just as much as those who win.

The problem is, the peaks and slumps can last for decades in the super car market, and choosing the right car isn't always as cut and dry, or as obvious as it seems.

That Speciale is a thing of beauty, but for me, the GTO wins hands down, enjoy them, I'm fairly sure you will!

Edited by Tipex

I remember thinking at £500k they must have hit the top. You could have picked up an F50 from Joe Macari for £350k probably not more than 4 years ago. How much are they now?! Nuts.

Carrera GT might be an accumulator perhaps? Can't afford one of them either!

F50 ~ 850k

Cgt has gone up an awful lot already, there has been a huge amount of trading of these last 4-5 months.....so much so reading (the cgt experts) have a back log of about 18 cars....yes you read that right....18 that need servicing and checking over. Finding a good one at a sensible price is not easy.

Edited by Woppum

Wotchoo doin' to it if I might ask?

It's having sat nav, amps, and speakers fitted (don't worry made of carbon fibre ;) ). Trouble is because the car is so handmade it has taken about 9 days so far ! I have pictures of the instal but won't post on web. The guys doing it are incredible though, not a glue mark or drill hole to be made anywhere. If I sell it will be converted right back to stock. I wanted it properly equipped for Euro trips :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So a Bentley and a Roller in the garage with two Italian upstarts on the cobbles... Do you mix your meals like that too Wopps? Roast Beef with Parmesan andPenne? :P

What's the story in the UK with front registration plates (noticing a lack on the GTO)? 'tis illegal here in Oz.

• 4 months later...

Time for an update and an "expert opinion" Wopps.

Why is your 599 GTO so awesome that "you love this car" and show it in convoy with aNother GTO, a F40 and a 918?

Is it better than the 458 Speciale? Can in fact the GTO be compared to the Speciale?

Lastly, how do they compare (build, fun, performance, looks, etc) to the new 911 daily driven missile?

Edited by Rachel

• 3 months later...