New pasta

Biscuits

Sooooooo.......  after my wonderful gorgeous wife bought me a motorbike for my 40th last year, I've got the 2-wheel bug again...... a couple of months ago I decided as technically brilliant the R1 was, it was time to change from a silky smooth Japanese inline 4 to a thumpy Italian V-twin.

Aprilia have moved to V4's and the only other 4-cyl bike I considered was an MV F4 Y10. A friend has one and it's drop dead gorgeous, but I love a v-twin, the power delivery suits my lazy riding style (they also sound great) and so a Ducati was decided upon.

tri1.jpg

The bike is a May 2012 1199 S Tricolore. The first owner bought it and had the below genuine parts installed before collecting.

Ducati Performance Wind Shield
Ducati Performance Carbon Clutch cover
Ducati Performance Carbon Exhaust Pipe Heat Cover 
Ducati Performance Carbon Tail Tidy
Ducati Performance Carbon Rear Hugger
Ducati Performance Carbon Heal Plates
Ducati Performance Alcantara Seat

The second owner has kept it in cotton wool too.... it's been maintained so far by Moto Rapido in Winchester, a very well respected Ducati dealership (I'll keep it serviced there too, as I now have zero trust with my local dealership Laguna wall.gif )

It also had the full Ducati Performance (Termignoni) exhaust system and silencers (silencers come standard on the 1199S) and the factory ECU map installed (shows Racing Evo on start up the dash)... so no cats and +5%bhp...... so circa 205bhp   :o  :o  :o 

tri6.jpg

It's been very well looked after, has 3M Ventureshield all round. Recent new tyres and pads. I'm over the bloody moon biggrin.gif

Oh and just to add a cherry on top, I got the genuine rear paddock stand thrown in too...... 

I needed to read through the manual when I got in, because bikes have changed a lot over the years and there's a plethora of settings and menus in the dashboard... and I couldn't figure them out while "trundling" back round the M25 smile.gif

Picked it up this week and I'm totally head-over-heals with it. How do the Italians manage to design stuff that look so darn sexy I'll never know, but last night without knowing it I'd been stood looking at it for over half an hour before I was reminded I'd only "popped" into the garage to get some logs for the fire !

Love a V-Twin, not had one since 2001 when I had a Suzuki TL1000S. Think that had 125bhp... this however has all the torque you'd expect, but bloody hell it just revs and revs.... it pulls like nothing else I've ridden. The R1 was bonkers fast, but sewing machine smooth, the scenery just went past quickly, so a bit uneventful... this pops and bangs, vibrates like a washing machine with a lump of concrete in it...... but it's just glorious biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Looking forward to getting out on it again asap... trying not to look on eBay for more Ducati Performance parts to fit, but seem to have already bought the indoor fitted cover.

tri9.jpg

Edited by Biscuits
  • Like 6

Wow!  That looks amazing.  I have always had a soft sport for the Tricolore versions too.  You'll have an absolute blast getting to know her over the first few hundred miles.    Great spec too as the previous owners have done all the Ducati Performance shopping for you. :grin:  The exhaust is a blinder - I remember seeing one of those full systems for the first time and just laughing at how wide the serpentine pipework was.   +++  +++  +++

We clearly need to set up a mid/North Wales TSN bike meet this year  :lol:

• Like 1