[Audi A3/S3] Good News / Bad News

sidicks

Well the good news is that despite still being on the original brakes pads/discs after 30k miles, and having a very spongy brake pedal, when I was called to do an emergency stop last night the S3 performed brilliantly and stopped in a much shorter distance than I expected.

The bad news is that it was also a much shorter distance than the bloke behind me expected so he rammed into the back of my car.......

Given the size of the bang, the damage is surprisingly small - the back bumper isn't dented, although the paint is damaged and I'm guessing the whole bumper will need to be re-sprayed.

bugger

sidicks

[ QUOTE ]

Given the size of the bang, the damage is surprisingly small - the back bumper isn't dented, although the paint is damaged and I'm guessing the whole bumper will need to be re-sprayed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear about that - when will people learn not to drive too close ? rocketwhore.gif

I'd have the bumper removed and checked mate. Firstly to ensure that the mount-points are not damaged, and secondly to see whether the bumper itself is still okay. Should come off the other guy's insurance, so you don't have to worry if a new bumper is required.

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear about that - when will people learn not to drive too close ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're fast they can't be too close wink.gif

...although it can be a pain in the ass if there is nowhere to go and there is a dickhead behind you. Fag?

You see, the std brakes are good after all smile.gif

Hope you'll sort you car out as nothing happened sidekick

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmmmmm....

Insurer approved repairers have quoted £200 to re-paint the bumper. (Guaranteed for 3 years)

Audi-approved bodyshop say it wll be £625, as they need a new bumper (personally I think they are trying it on, but I know about as much about car repairs as I do about all this WAN/LAN IT stuff that you youngsters keep taking about !!)

What difference does it make to warranty / re-sale if it's not an Audi-approved repairer ?

I know Audi have a rust guarantee, but presumably the bumper is fibre-glass so won't rust anyway ?

I'll be getting rid of the car in the next 12-18months to get a Nuvolari Coupe (I wish) or more likey S4/RS4.

Cheers

sidicks (not sidekick !)

I'd go for the Audi route myself mate, as once the bumper has had an impact the sponge filling behind the nice plastic painted surface will be damaged/compressed, and God forbid if it happened again you would not get the same protection. If you do go down this route and you think Audi are trying it on tell them you'll be wanting the old bumper as evidence of the replacement. They cant refuse as its your property and they're charging the insurance company for a replacement. Oh and you could always sell it on E-bay if its not damaged to badly. grin.gif

Your insurance company should give you the option of where you get it repaired i.e. at Audi or A another.

Go the Audi route, it doesn't cost you anything, and it's nice to have a piece of mind for you and when coming to selling.

I've had my 3-Series repaired three times at my preferred BMW dealer, and if I haven't been happy then I've just taken it back to them with no problems.

And my A3T is currently in at the Audi bodyshop after my latest escapade with a kerb stone.

.........That makes it sound like I'm an increadibly accident prone guy, but I'm not...honest, see.

White van man smashed into rear quarter panel of BMW HIS FAULT. frown.gif

Hit and run on the BMW in a car park, front wing and indicator smashed up........B#ST#RDS FIREdevil.gif

Brought the Beemer to Holland and some fecker ripped out the door lock and stole my dirty washing fuck_scott.gif

and the last one in the Audi...all my fault notworthy.gif