Dual boot

BURTON

Was thinking of building a new PC.. I really need to.. Got most of the bits with my current one..

Do to formating the C drive I was thinking of having dual boot! Had enough of pop ups etc!! So was wondering if you guys and gals thought it would be good to have a Linux based machine for web browsing etc and then XP for Online gaming.

Or maybe a different OS all together..

just use xp but make sure you set up your pc/network right, i NEVER have a problem with spyware and pop ups, make sure you also install the google toolbar, as it stops popups really quick and neat fix to an annoying problem , just make sure you are carefull what you click on - exspecially when on dodgy sites, and run addaware one or two times a week and you should have no porblem , oh and try another browser, opera and mozilla are 169144-ok.gif

are you running broadband ? is so whats your firewall ? it sounds like you have an infection that you have not got rid off, its best to start from scratch - then install everything and set a firewall b4 first connecting to the net , some spware which causes pop ups' etc are imposiable to get rid of , check out zonealarm for a free firewall, it will stop all trafic in to your pc when it learns what you allow

ok so do the following

format and re-install

turn off all the win xp firwalls they are crap

enable something like zonealarm or something like that to controll traffic,

or you could get a router, then give your machine a static ip, and close all ports on the router though a nat table so no traffic can go in and out unless you give it the ok, i have done the latter, but its more complicated, the 1st option is easy , good luck drop me a line if you have a problem and il pm you my number 169144-ok.gif