Has anyone....

bec21tt

I thought about getting the 1.8T tuned, until I realised it would make my insurance sky-high (six points ... ROLLEY~14.GIF) and the tuning bloke pointed out it would add to the 'surge' when the turbo hit (and maybe make that happen slightly earlier, but not much); but it wouldn't do anything about the 'dead zone' below 2000 rpm, which is what I wanted to fix. So I'll just wait for the 2.0T FSI engine to make it into my next Cab sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Trouble is i dont think an extra 30-40bhp from a chip mod is going to turn a near as dammit 2 ton cab into a high performance car smashfreakB.gif

maybe taking the spare wheel out, keeping the fuel tank and washer reservoir empty and not having any passengers will help more 169144-ok.gif

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Or in my case taking the ten ton engine out beerchug.gif

High performace NO

More refined YES

[*FX: checks 'profile' out of nosiness]

Hey Bec, you have a quattro Cab! Welcome aboard! 169144-ok.gif Not many of us here with that combination....

How do you like it ? There is a point of view on here that quattro is out of place with a mere 1.8T, and/or on a heavy cab. Ignore them: these people are of course mere poltroons, varmints, and dunderheads. grin.gif

Badge1.jpg

--------------------

GCab. Silver 1.8T quattro Cab.

[ QUOTE ]

How do you like it ? There is a point of view on here that quattro is out of place with a mere 1.8T, and/or on a heavy cab. Ignore them: these people are of course mere poltroons, varmints, and dunderheads. grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

cheers mate beerchug.gif

jump.gif

the 3.0T quattro cab i test drove felt sluggish, and didnt give any noticeable improvement in handling over the non quattro one i also

test drove apart from initial off the line pace.

But i manage to get up to speed pretty quick even with just FWD 169144-ok.gif

I'm due to pick mine up 1st March cool.gif But I have got so used to having the quattro in the TT that I thought i'd have it in the cab too.

Saying that the dealer had got a non quattro to offer me, so I went for a test drive in a used one to see how it was but I just thought the quattro gives you the extra confidence when cornering at speed ECLIPSe.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Doh. blush.gif

Well she's put it in her profile...

Maybe if I change my profile to "RS4 Cab, Atlas Grey" and click my heels three times, one will just turn up in the driveway... sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you could order one from MTM with a biturbo V6 169144-ok.gif

500bhp in a cab.... fear the scuttle shake!!! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

hmmm...I'm warming to the idea of a cab again!

[/ QUOTE ]

for the MTM one,

you'll need 70,000 euros i think....

plenty of bung, for some serious bling though notworthy.gif

bet its loads more fun than the S4, which is too refined for its own good. however, i'd probably lose my license on the day i got it jump.gif