REMAP!!!!!

ryanspedding

It's a big must have, my car is only standard at the mo but a very kind member took me out in his AMD stage 2 and the difference was amazing, when i got back into mine it felt ever so slow and frumpy compared to the remapped R.

I'm now saving the pennies to get it done!!

im considering getting my R32 remappped also.

i bought a blueflame exhaust off another tyresmoke member only a 1000 miles on it, its like new. i think im goin to go the Revo route for my remap.

i paid £180 for the blueflame, Revo is £339 + VAT

thats about £600 total and some people have compared the combination of the Revo and an exhaust to AMD stage 2 which is £1000 inclusive of VAT.

im just waiting to see some figures for the revo and we can compare then.

#6463 deals with hesitance problems or flat spots through the standard rev range. Net result is a bit more torque and apparent increase in bhp, some even say as much as Amd's stage 2, pre #6463 remap.

If your going for a remap after having #6463 flashed, make sure the company is working from a 6463 car mapping and not pre 6463. I know AMD already are doing this, not sure about anyone else though

I thought it did raise the rev limiter. I had the stage 2 done first where it reved to 6.5 or whatever it was, since I have had the update it revs to 7.2. Then again AmD did put on the update for me and update their mapping so maybe the two need to go hand in hand!

Guys I superchipped mine after the 6463... Thge superchip uses the 6463 as a base map...

The rev limiter has been lifter to 7400revs and the car flies ....

Total cost... £270!!!

Plus I added the miltek and a AEM CAI...

I would say the car is easily pushing 280bhp.. It will be on the RR next sat.. So I will post my results!

Yep... My car has been RR at 239bhp.... Pretty much spot on...

I am returning to the same RR to try to keep this bit constant.. I know its a different day... but...

ATM the car is a monster to drive... Even using the stopwatch 0-60 is coming up in 5.5secs!!! And the pull to 100mph is much much quicker

I live in Northern Ireland... The RR I use is in dublin (bit of a drive - 300mile return journey) but the operator is spot on...

The RR I use is at Westward Engineering... The guy Martin that owns it was in Performance VW a couple of months ago with this 200bhp+ 150TDI...

I will post on sat when I get back...

I have the AMD stage 1, mixed in somehow with VW updates then Stage 1 applied all over again (don't quite understand what I have , clearly!) but what ever I've got its a whole lot better than standard!

Would consider the cams & exhaust etc too, but for warranty & insurance worries (oh, and the megabucks it costs!).

Highly recommend re-maps, what an easy way to get a smoother ride, more power, same economy!

[ QUOTE ]

does Remapping mess with your warrenty with vw? someone told me it does?? but i also know somebody who nose somebody how had it done at vw???? confused???????????

[/ QUOTE ]

This all depends on whether the dealer can tell that it's been remapped. The AMD remaps retain the original ECU, so your dealer cannot tell.

Replacing the exhaust with something like the Milltek or BlueFlame, even from the cats back shouldn't invalidate your warranty, but this all depends on your dealer.

VW do a remap of sorts - they do an upgrade to the engine management software, also known as the #6463 upgrade. This should take your car to circa 250BHP from the standard 241BHP.

IMO, start with this, then when you've got the beans to pay for it, go straight to the AMD stage 2.5 - this is the AMD stage 2 (which includes the Milltek exhaust from the cat back) plus the Milltek sports cats.

On my R this dyno'd at 280BHP with BP Ultimate super unleaded. Not yet dyno'd with Optimax plus Millers Octane booster, both of which make a big difference.

If you go to AMD stage 3 or stage 4, this includes new cams, which definitely invalidates your engine warranty.

HTH

beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

get the cams done....well worth the cash.......

[/ QUOTE ]

What did yours come out at on the dyno Helfinger?

You got the sports cats as well?

Have you got a CAI fitted too?

What's the weather like in Nottingham..? smile.gif

Well worth chucking a few pound notes at it for a stage 2.5 AMD then!!! Only had it for about a month soooo I didnt really know in what direction to go with it, to get it up to 280bhp I would be very happy......... is better to run on super unleaded then?....thanx for the advice

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

get the cams done....well worth the cash.......

[/ QUOTE ]

What did yours come out at on the dyno Helfinger?

[/ QUOTE ]

she came out with 302 bhp with the full stage 4 (inc cats). Now she is pulling 310 bhp since i added the 5 bar pressure reg (feels like more).......if i don't sell her its a supercharger next i really want the stage 3 but i think i will have to settle for the stage 2 we will see....

[ QUOTE ]

is better to run on super unleaded then?....thanx for the advice

[/ QUOTE ]

I only use Shell Optimax, plus some Millers Octane Plus (which Smudge put me on to 169144-ok.gif) for those silly sessions, like going round a track...

Have tried all of the "super" unleaded options and out of all of them, Optimax wins hands down. It's only 87.9p per litre at my local Shell station as well smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Could anyone explain to me what it is and what it does?

[/ QUOTE ]

Taken straight from the horses mouth:

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Millers Octane Plus

Description

A highly efficient fuel treatment for adding to all commercially available petrol to increase octane ratings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Application

Used to increase the octane rating of unleaded and super unleaded petrol

* Add the bottle contents [250 mls] to 50 litres of unleaded petrol [premium or super] for catalyst equipped vehicles.

Always add Octane Plus to tank before filling with petrol.

For regular use.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Benefits

*Increases octane number of petrol by up to 2 numbers.

*Reduces the risk of pinking and provides an increase in vehicle performance.

*Can be used safely in cars equipped with catalytic convertors.

*Ensures maximum performance from petrol and improves combustion

Performance Profile

Proven over 20 years. Maintains catalyst efficiency by scavenging 'front end phosphorous'.

* Fully compatible with oxygenates, ethanol containing fuel and MTBE treated fuels.

</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Millers Web site: www.millersoils.net/

169144-ok.gif