An awful lot of Italian exotica

Rachel

Yes, I confess that the shots in the Gallery have given me an appetite for Le Mans in future.

Oddly enough it is never somewhere I'd thought of going to until I saw the fuss about it on here.

I never realised it was such a huge spectator event and general 'get together'.

I'll certainly look at going in future years if possible.

I don't think I could keep pace with the drinking marathons that your mob engage in mind you. In fact I know I couldn't.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Wow. That's a stunning set of cars.

I still think the Diablo looks better than the Murcielago...

[/ QUOTE ]

thats because youre from a different generation 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer the Diablo too, looks sharper and more aggressive.

The Murcielago looks like a Diablo thats melted a bit, and when the air vents pop up on the side they just ruin the lines.

[ QUOTE ]

Bloody Audi...ruined the design of Lambo's in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got to disagree there. V10 with a hybrid Quattro drivetrain. Mega. Gallardo is not quite as lardy as the Diablo. Can't stand the "convertible" though.

Could I live with one? Don't think so. No room for the kids... tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bloody Audi...ruined the design of Lambo's in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Got to disagree there. V10 with a hybrid Quattro drivetrain. Mega. Gallardo is not quite as lardy as the Diablo. Can't stand the "convertible" though.

Could I live with one? Don't think so. No room for the kids... tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sacrifices my friend, we all have to make them. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Got to disagree there. V10 with a hybrid Quattro drivetrain. Mega.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not the over-riding point I was wanting to make.

Neither a Gallardo or a Murcielago has the on road presence that a Miura, Countach or Diablo had/has.

Engineering is a fine thing, but the later models are nowhere near the step forward in technology and supercar defination that the Countach or Diablo were.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course, but I can't help but look at the recent designs and think 'wedge of metal/carbon' and little more.

I always held Lamborghini in front of Ferrari in terms of on road presence too - but I'd have to say I much prefer to design of the modern Ferrari's to the modern Lambo's.

Diablo 6.0 still my favourite modern Lambo

[ QUOTE ]

I always held Lamborghini in front of Ferrari in terms of on road presence too - but I'd have to say I much prefer to design of the modern Ferrari's to the modern Lambo's.

[/ QUOTE ]

strange, can't think of any time more than now when Lambos have looked better than Ferraris - arse of 430 poor unless black, 612 dull blob and Enzo is pig ugly IMHO