New Passat

M8CKN

Just followed a showroom fresh Passat home from Tesco's (who says Fridays go down the drain once you are married!!)

smlove2.gifWhat a beautiful looking car, only seen it in the adverts before this.

Going to local VW dealer tomorrow to have a proper nosey.

Anyone got one yet?

[ QUOTE ]

That one hated arriving at corners and insisted on going straight on instead. blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Trust me, it still does. My wife runs a Passat Estate TDI Sport. The sport refers to the interior and the wheels - I think they forgot about modifying the suspension. Find myself having to concentrate that bit harder when I get into it after driving the R32. SMOKE6.GIF

All Passats i ever see are either S or SE, so both are "sport" models!! Was it earlier models that wern't "sport"?

Fast cornering is exciting in a Passat, you just never know if your gonna make it round smile.gif

More a motorway cruising car than a sporty racing car.

RobK

• 3 months later...

I have an 05 Passat Sport, Positive comments great looking car,and a good ride.

negative comments, ****ing electronic parking brake wont release 80% of the time, flatspot at 1,800rpm, constant Airbag Fault, Requires new Steering rack (waited 6 weeks already for part to arrive), Int goes dead and wont start, takes VW call out engineer an hour of fiddling to get it going. headlights come on even when its not dark, wipers stop when you stop at a junction. need I say more....

Please I want my old Passat back 107k and never let me down. The new one is terrible, Oh and by the way we bought 4 of these in the company and all of them are playing up.

I should have waited for the mark 2 when all the faults have been fixed....

[ QUOTE ]

****ing electronic parking brake wont release 80% of the time(

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Requires new Steering rack

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sick to death of fitting PAS racks to new passats SAUER0421.GIF

and the electronic parking brake are a joke

They will be trouble ahead but while there's moon light and music yelrotflmao.gif

[ QUOTE ]

headlights come on even when its not dark, wipers stop when you stop at a junction. need I say more....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well my auto lights can come on a bit soon but hey Volvos have them on all the time. At least they don't flash on and off like some under trees. (I have an Audi by the way) As for the wipers they are meant to go into intermittent when you stop at lights. They have done that for years on BMWs and VAG have only adopted it quite recently.

If the car really is as bad as you think you need to discuss it all being fixed PDQ or just reject the car as not being fit for purpose.

Hope things improve 169144-ok.gif

• 2 weeks later...

VW admitted that the steering rack was faulty in August... I have been waiting since then sportifs2.gif The car is leased and has now done 10,000 miles so I dont think returning it is an option. VW also admit that the flat spot at 1800rpm is a problem and it needs ecu updates. The wipers do stop and go to intermittent you are quite right, which is realy dangeours. When I stop at a T junction in the pouring rain the last thing I want is the wipers to stop leaving me unable to see clearly.

The parking brake continues to stick 80-90% of the time, I shall end up needing a new clutch soon at this rate.

I like the car very much, however in my view VW have tried to show how cleaver they are with electonics/electrics and failed.

I now have other faults as well, and find the dealers workshop staff lacking in knowledge of the car and how to fix it.

[ QUOTE ]

The wipers do stop and go to intermittent you are quite right, which is realy dangeours. When I stop at a T junction in the pouring rain the last thing I want is the wipers to stop leaving me unable to see clearly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had this feature on my old megane. Never found it a problem at all and quite liked it actually. If you moved the wiper switch at all it overode the function. I would have thought the new passat would have been the same. My current passat has variable wipers, ie the faster you go the faster the wipers go, but not so much so that they stop at junctions.

Better than the clio with auto wipers. You cant turn off the back wiper so when you have a bike rack on the back it constantly jams up against the rack !