Ins premiums, how high / low (working poll)

Calm Chris

Who will win (and how)....  

1. 1. Who will win (and how)....

• Liverpool to win (no penalties required)
    • Chelsea to win (no penalties required)
    • Liverpool to win (on penalties)
    • Chelsea to win (on penalties)

I've seen a couple of posts suggesting premium of £2500 per year to insure the motor.

Who has the highest premium and what percentage is it relative to your yearly salary / earnings.

Also what sort of percentage is the insurance to the car value?

Mine is £700 premium, last year that was about 3% of salary (only worked 6 months) and it represents about 4% of the cars value, guess at £17.5k 169144-ok.gif

Poll and post 169144-ok.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old boy like me (36) full NCB, cruiser car (A6 2.8 Q) paying £600. But I am in a bad ass Post code area. (LU = Luton openfire.gif)

10 yrs ago, I had a Lancia Thema 16v (nice mover) and I was paying £1K for that. And I was on considerabley less cash than I am now! Then 2yrs ago, got the A8 4.2 Q Sport, and because I chnaged when I was in the middle of a policy, I was paying £1.3K!!!

My 1.9TDi A4 costs £3000/year to insure.

I'm 20, have 2 non-fault claims against me and do approx 30,000 miles/year including business use (excluding carrying of goods for sale). There's 1 year NCB applied on the policy.

I paid £8.5k for it, making the insurance premium >35-40% value of the car.

Edit: That's about 12% of my gross salary.

Ridiculous eh?

Jesus wept - well he would do at some of those premiums!

Mine was £1078 at last renewal, which at the time would be about 2.7% of the car's value but now it would equate to 3% because of depreciation etc.

The most I ever paid as a percentage of a cars value was 9% and that was a £1600 premium on an £18k car.

£1450 on my 350Z, was 29 when started, with an accident the year before, so 0 no claims [had an accident 4 years ago too]. On street in Leeds.

Was the best by far too - belldirect.

Is 3.5% of salary and is approx 5.8% of car [25k for 6 month old Z]

34 and paying £345 inclusive of Class 1 business use for a 03 plate A4 Tdi Sport.

I have got one SP30, full NCB and no previous claims (but only 'cos I keep paying for them smirk.gif)

Since I bought my car my insurance premiums have come down every year:

Year 1 £421

Year 2 £373

Year 3 £345

Year 4 £???

As a % of the car's value, I would estimate:

Year 1 2.1%

Year 2 2.2%

Year 3 2.6%

Year 4 ???%

As a % of my earnings, I'm not telling coffee.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Also what sort of percentage is the insurance to the car value?

[/ QUOTE ]

£349! e-sure grin.gif

Car listed @ £28.100 so only about 1.25% of value 169144-ok.gif

Trouble is I'm off to court on the 4th for my 'little' speeding offence..............

I wonder how much the robbing bar stewards stitch me up in March? mad.gif

BUB smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Bub - do you have any SP30s now?

I am also with esure and have one. I rang them once when I thought I had been caught again (it turned out I hadn't) and they basically said they wouldn't insure me/my car with 2 SP30s shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OH FECK IT THEN!

Clean at the mo , but 113 on the M4 is bound to get me a ban which is worth at least 2x SP30's I guess........?

FECKERS! ROBBING FECKERS! Pls see my rant in the other insurance thread. mad.gif

Insurance company logic = 35yr married male , 9yrs no claims , clean license , low annual mileage..... 28k New car policy £349 grin.gif

Same 35yr old blah blah etc........ Gets done for 113 on a empty motorway .

RIGHT!! THAT'S IT WE'RE NOT INSURING YOU NOW YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY A FECKING MAD MAX FECKING PYSCHO NUTTER TYPE Pi** Off for the next 5yrs ............... the_finger.gif

BUB mad.gif