Ritey

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

Dare I say it but you'd get used to it in the end, the only thing I can't come to terms with is the Cost for the car and the extras!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]I think i could get used to it.....

Also the suspension will be brand new and if the handbrake is applied at high tension the back will usually always look higher than the front until the car has been bedded in.

Riz 169144-ok.gif

I think the problem for me is there is very little distinction between the GTI and the R32, ok different pipes, a bit lower maybe and the alloys (far too busy in my opinion, far too many spokes).. at least the mark IV R32 was distinct from the rest had the extra depth on the body kit to give it an edge, clearly lacking in the mark V!

It looks like a nice car, and the new brakes look absolutely stonking. We have tiddlers on the backs of ours, the new gold seems to have sorted this out. But still, they could have made it ore special for the price! Add a couple of quid on to a full speced one and you could pick up a low mileage CSL!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Doesnt look too shabby from that angle i suppose confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aye, can't see that tacky silver grill. But those alloys are still naff!

Also, looks to high at the rear, or is that the pic ?

smile.gif169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Like the overall look, but those alloy wheels still ruin the car and don't suit it at all. The GTI's 18'' Monza is a far more elegant design for the mk5 body shape and they are also easy to keep clean. A boring point I know, but who actually is looking forward to keeping a weeks worth of brake dust off those bloody multi spokes smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It looks like a nice car, and the new brakes look absolutely stonking. We have tiddlers on the backs of ours, the new gold seems to have sorted this out. But still, they could have made it ore special for the price! Add a couple of quid on to a full speced one and you could pick up a low mileage CSL!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when has a low mileage CSL been under £35k pray tell? NONO3.GIF

As far as I can summise a mega spec R32 would only just reach about £30k and you cannot get a low mileage CSL for that much...

At last, I think I might have found a pic of the MkV R32, where it's looks are, well, acceptable.

Let me know your thoughts. 169144-ok.gif

028_G.jpg

You can't clearly see the sweeping box like lines of the 307, sorry R32 here, infact, apart from the fact that Riz has been loitering around those exhaust pipes, there's not an awful lot to look at here. It's all good.

wink.giftongue.gif

Mmmm yup it looks ok... oh and i wonder if the exhaust system is sill made and designed by Sebring? What about the suspension, still blistien dampers and H & R socks?

Are the alloys by OZ?

But a 2nd hand CSL is so much more.......

Hey a R32 with different alloys...

550372-NewLeon.jpg

Riz jump.gif169144-ok.gif

I dont understand why the BMW csl is being compared to the Mark 5 R32 - Seems a bit strange - i mean the Mark IV was not exactly the bargain of the century.

Many reasons to avoid a csl - astronomical service costs for a kick off, no three year warranty, and the fact its a BMW.....must agree about the wheels - it would be good if there were dealer options regarding the wheels.

Does anyone else think that the lower section near the exhaust should be painted rather than left as black ??

[ QUOTE ]

and the fact its a BMW

[/ QUOTE ]

And your point is...?

Have you ever driven and M3 or M3 CSL..?

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else think that the lower section near the exhaust should be painted rather than left as black ??

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it should be left as it is and when Milltek bring out their replacement exhaust, it can have the tailpipes exiting more in the style of the Mk4 R32, so you just replace the rear valance with a sensible one - and paint it the colour of the rest of the car. 169144-ok.gif