Sat Nav + TMC

CH_Peter

Hello everyone,

I've just jumped into an B6 A4 Quattro Sport Avant 1.9Tdi, hjaving previously been in a TT and Mini Cooper S. Change of circumstance demands a larger, more practical car! ;-)

The A4 was specced with Sat Nav (the plain, rather than "plus" version). There's stuff in the manual that suggests it might - with optional extra equipment, support traffic information from Classic FM.

Has anyone any idea about upgrading so this feature can be activated? Would assume (always dangerous) that firmware would need upgrading, TMC reception added as part of hardware and TMC nav disc are requirements.

Anyone out there in the know?

Cheers

Peter

Wht a great little smiley... 1.gif

the tmc update and codes are on the cd (with tmc) my 52 plate came with a 2001 disc with no tmc i changed to a 2004/5 disc with tmc that i had from my S3 it updated the unit and works fine, as long as you have the right tmc unit in your car it should work, tmc units are needed to get the dis to display navi icons, some only do the dis and some do both the dis and traffic information, see if you can find someone with working tmc and try there disc before getting a copy

[ QUOTE ]

the tmc update and codes are on the cd (with tmc) my 52 plate came with a 2001 disc with no tmc i changed to a 2004/5 disc with tmc that i had from my S3 it updated the unit and works fine, as long as you have the right tmc unit in your car it should work, tmc units are needed to get the dis to display navi icons, some only do the dis and some do both the dis and traffic information, see if you can find someone with working tmc and try there disc before getting a copy

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. That's interesting. So, in theory, it might well work just getting the TMC CD. That's cool if it works, but a pain if it does not, as they're expensive. So... anyone nearby want to let me try their TMC disc before I splash out? Pwease?

[ QUOTE ]

Can't help you out Peter, but welcome... 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Kell... fancy seeing you here. cool.gif

That's true, but from what I can make out, the firmware update should have included TMC options - for example, what station to tune to; whether dynamic nav should be on or off; etc. These did not appear.

So, I wonder what else needs to be done. Perhaps the Audi HU has TMC switched off, and even a firmware flash from the CD doesn't work, because the licence isn't enabled in this car?