Mk5 R32 - Anyone planning to get one?

MattR32

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm due to get one (deposit paid) but could still change my mind I suppose. My dealer called yesterday to say he was going on a R32 training day today and will call me tomorrow with an update.

I'm not bowled over by the looks but the R32 gives me what I'm after - a smallish, practical, quality car with plenty of poke!

[ QUOTE ]

I'm due to get one (deposit paid) but could still change my mind I suppose. My dealer called yesterday to say he was going on a R32 training day today and will call me tomorrow with an update.

I'm not bowled over by the looks but the R32 gives me what I'm after - a smallish, practical, quality car with plenty of poke!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish they had that for the old R32. I think my dealer has only just realized they exist tongue.gif

It is definitely growing on me, it is sounding good from the reviews and I think in the right colour the front will look fine. I am going to arrange a test drive as soon as I can once I am back in the UK and the dealer has one in. If I like it I will seriously consider getting one. I have been considering changing the GTI for a good while but have not found what I am looking for yet. Maybe the R32 could be the answer.

Am seriously considering it. Have a deposit with the dealer but said I want a test drive first

My current 306gti is starting to feel it's age as i've had it from new just over 8 years ago and I'm looking for something with a bit more oomph again and last me till my mid life crisis ! wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Where's Tosh to tell us how he is getting on with his purchase, he always seems to have some good information 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

According to my update, the order book for UK cars will likely open with VW UK as at 18 November. At present, new R's are being delivered to (some) Dealerships to become their Demo's. Most Dealerships will not have an input into the spec of the car they receive and they can either sell them or use them to entice "us" into ordering new R's.

In addition, many senior sales staff are being given the opportunity to test drive the new R at specially convened VW staff launch days. These days will educate sales teams on the in's and out's of the new R, to assit us when we ask lots of muppet questions!!

Hope this helps. 169144-ok.gif TP.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Spot on as is normal Tosh 169144-ok.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, thank you Sir. We aim to please!!

Oh, give poor Brett a break eh!! yelrotflmao.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why thanking you for your support mr TP!

But I can take care of mysel' and Mr turny-worm for that matter!

Which dealer are you going through Tosh ?

169144-ok.gif

Yes! You may also be interested to see the VW Germany web site - particularly (if I read it correctly) it looks as if there is a wood trim option in place of the "metal" interior trim strip that people seem to dislike on the new R32. Also a superb limited edition of 100 Golf Speed (not R32) in yellow or orange. See http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms_publish/v...Golf_Speed.html

I'm going for 2 door, dsg, leather, cruise, winter pack, not too sure about the alternative sports seats but I do like the beige interior which is a problem because it seems you can't have beige with Reflex which I particularly like. Decisions!

[ QUOTE ]

In addition, many senior sales staff are being given the opportunity to test drive the new R at specially convened VW staff launch days. These days will educate sales teams on the in's and out's of the new R, to assit us when we ask lots of muppet questions!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it'll make a refreshing change from us getting muppet answers when asking sensible questions won't it! 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Yes! You may also be interested to see the VW Germany web site - particularly (if I read it correctly) it looks as if there is a wood trim option in place of the "metal" interior trim strip that people seem to dislike on the new R32. Also a superb limited edition of 100 Golf Speed (not R32) in yellow or orange. See http://www.volkswagen.de/vwcms_publish/v...Golf_Speed.html

I'm going for 2 door, dsg, leather, cruise, winter pack, not too sure about the alternative sports seats but I do like the beige interior which is a problem because it seems you can't have beige with Reflex which I particularly like. Decisions!

[/ QUOTE ]

Alternative Sports seats - by which you mean to £2000+ Recaro's! These are a must as the standard ones don't look up to much and after having the Konigs in the curreent R32, I wouldn't want anything less.

smile.gif

Hi, I traded my GTI6 ( new reg'd Sept 1997, done 66km me the only owner) on a new Golf GTI. While the Pug was a great car for it's time, the Golf is light years ahead, particularly in build and materials quality. Goes like a scalded cat. Prior to the GTI6, I had a 1994 Xsi. The step up in power from the Xsi to the GTI6 was marked, and the same marked increase going from the GTI6 to the Golf. I would have to say the Golf is the best hot hatch I have owned. I would look at the new R32, but I think the GTI looks more sporting at the front, well in the photos anyway, and it will likely be another $20k increase on the GTI, plus the fuel consumption will be much higher. Don't really need 4 wheel drive either. Anyway, hope this helps in your decision.

Cheers

EVO get 0-60 in 5.8s for it AND it seems like it's running well below proper power plus it gets a very good lap time.

Anyone that says there's no difference between it and the GTI is telling little porkies.

No torque steer and neutral 4WD handling are real winners in my eyes too.

Sure it looks less sporty than the GTI but seeing as I had to sell my mk4 R32 BECAUSE it attracted too much of the wrong attention.

Anyway, not exactly got the funds on tap right now so it's now a realistic goal.

Planning to get one?....I wasn't until I read Autoexpress' review!! MAstra, help me out and pleeeese tell me I'm wasting my time on VeeDubs! Hmmm....It would have to be Red so I can transfer my plate and what would I get for my 3 month old 4,000m Mk5 GTI with Turbo-back & Quads but without Pioneer SatNav??

It's the 4WD plus V6 music that attracts me. Familiar, MAstra?

All too familiar and I've only just bought a new car too.

Goodaammit VW, you could have waited a bit longer!

Red - What did you have before your GTI?

The R32 just feels very special from the nice steering wheel to the handling and the noise.

CAR even called it a scaled down and detuned Veyron - A bit OTT but pretty amazing!