A crash.

Smudge

Driving through Bracknell (there's little better out there to do) at lunch time today, on a DC and looking across at the Shell Garage on the otherside, I suddenly notice a big buff of smoke & a Honda Accord, looking like it was about to drive off, but it then suddenly stopped.

confused.gif

I then double take the scene & notice a Red Rover 200 behind with the front totally smashed in (even the roof is buckled), and as I pass, the back of the Accord, only minus the boot. crazy.gif

As I can't stop to help, I quickly move on to the roundabout 1/2 a mile ahead & turnaround, doubling back to check that the drivers are ok, as the two cars are a mess.

As I approach, the driver in the Red car is slumped on the steering wheel, but the Accord is empty. So I drive past & park up. Walking back to the Accord, it dawns on me that the car has been parked up & is for sale, in a sort of "prime position" to advertise it's self. I move on to the Red Rover to check the driver is ok. As I move round to the drivers door I notice a 20ft long skin mark for both sets of wheels. The driver gets out of the Rover, clearly shaken, I tell him to sit down, breathe slowly & check that he's ok. I reckon he's hit this stationary Accord at at least 40mph. EEK2.GIF

I then walk back to the Accord & get the details of the "For Sale" add to advise the owner someone's just knocked 25% off his car. frown.gif He's not happy, and on his way.

I then call the Police to give them all the details, just in case the guy in the Rover decides he should depart. Just as I have hung up from the Police, a oldish lady pulls up in a CTR, and is fuming. It transpires Mr Red Rover 200 decided the CTR was worthy of a race, not knowing the owner was 50+, and was never going to be interested. smashfreakB.gif

The CTR driver explains that this guy's left the roundabout full pelt, and swerved in and out of cars (all of this in a 40mph limit) and finally lost control over about 1/2 a mile, swerved off the DC down a slip road, locked the brakes up & hit this Accord. Luckily, he's so fecked, he's not going anywhere, but he's not seriously injured. So I go back to see how he's doing, whilst asking the lady CTR owner to stay back for a sec. I ask him what happened and he says, I dunno, my brakes seem to fail on me. confused.gifconfused.gif

That would explain the long skids marks then! NONO3.GIF

Eventually the police turn up & tell me I can go, but what strikes me about this is, if it weren't for the Accord, this guys Rover would have mounted the kerb, possibly taken out some pedestrians (there are housing estates either side, and a sports centre just up the road) and ended up in a large Shell Garage, possibly taking out a fuel pump or two. EEK2.GIFEEK2.GIF

It just amazes me that people don't realise what their cars limits are, how dangerous racing on the streets (especially in built up areas) is, and how dangerous & lethal a car can be.

Be safe out there people.

169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

to advise the owner someone's just knocked 25% off his car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that car itself or value?

Sounds lunatic. Sadly, I seem to see this sort of thing (the driving behaviour, not the crash, thankfully) on an almost daily basis. People seem to take things so personally when they are in a car. I often smile and let things go when people behave like eejits or get all competitive. Half the time they look at me like I'm mad because I'm not swearing and gesticulating angrily.

hmmmm.... it's one of those situations where I can only say the guy probably deserved it... and thank feck he hit a car with nobody in it! What goes around comes around... don't play with fire if you don't want to get burnt... avoiding cliches like the plague etc etc

[ QUOTE ]

Shame about the Accord, the poor owner now has issues sorting that out (and I'm thinking it may not be insured if it's for sale?) so that could be an arse to sort out.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd claim off Chavvys insurance, not his own and anyway if it wasn't insured it shouldn't have been on the road.

Lets hope chavvy is insured though! crazy.gif

Be interesting to know if the police prosecute.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Shame about the Accord, the poor owner now has issues sorting that out (and I'm thinking it may not be insured if it's for sale?) so that could be an arse to sort out.

[/ QUOTE ]

He'd claim off Chavvys insurance, not his own and anyway if it wasn't insured it shouldn't have been on the road.

Lets hope chavvy is insured though! crazy.gif

Be interesting to know if the police prosecute.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I just meant it would be difficult to sort the insurance out if you don't have a company to go to, even if it was to claim from someone else. Dunno why I thought it, but I got the impression it was parked off the road, on grass or something smashfreakB.gif

Been a long day. Need a beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

People seem to take things so personally when they are in a car.

[/ QUOTE ]

So true. I think all chavs should be required BY LAW to have a copy of Enya's 'The Celts' playing in their cars all the time! znaika.gif

I've heard that cinnamon reduces stress, or is it lavender?

I work on the highways day in day out and I see a lot of bad driving. Today alone I have seen 2 accidents where drivers have just driven into the car in front because they were'nt paying full atention to whats happening in front of them. One of them was a lorry and the driver was paying too much attention to what I was doing and had not noticed the cars stopping in front of him. fortunatly they were only small bumps, but they are the result of bad driving.

Its not very often that an inocent driver will stop and offer assistance, so credit where credit is due smudge 169144-ok.gif

I was involved in a pile up once on the M4 heading into London and the only person to stop and see if everyone was ok was an RAC man, and to be honest, even though he called the Police and Ambulance etc, he was amazed that given the high level of impact with 7 cars, not a single aibag went off. FOOD FOR THOUGH!

Only the other night I was watching an elderly couple in their pension-mobile and he obviously trying to reverse out of the petrol station but instead went into the Citroen in front of him. Another pension proving that the automatic car isnt as easy to drive as what they thought.

[ QUOTE ]

Only the other night I was watching an elderly couple in their pension-mobile and he obviously trying to reverse out of the petrol station but instead went into the Citroen in front of him. Another pension proving that the automatic car isnt as easy to drive as what they thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me started... FIREdevil.gif

In the same vein i was leaving london yesterday afternoon and some young birds in what looked like a brand new Golf 2.0 TDI pull up next to my GTI at the lights, beeps and does lots of gesturing to suggest she wanted to watch my GTI's arse dissapear into the distance...

She didnt get the response she was looking for as i simply sat beside her as she wheelspan away and let her go straight up to what i guess was 60 while i stopped at 40 to go through the speed camera that was blatantly obvious up ahead.

Cue the birdage driver waving like she just won the monaco GP nicely timed with the papperazi (scamera) flashing away!!

Kind of amusing really that people are so unobservant - but on the downside i did forget to pay the Congestion Charge. Of all the people to forget!!!